FP StaffJul 30, 2013 19:20:43 IST
Sony India has launched its Android phablet, the Sony Xperia Z Ultra in India, priced at Rs 46,990. However the smartphone is available on online website such as Flipkart, Infibeam andSaholic forphone for Rs 44,990.
The 6.4-inch screen waterproof and dust-resistant smartphone will officially hit the stores on 2 August.Sony has also tied up with Vodafone to offer 8GB free data download for the first two months for users who buy the smartphone.
Key features of the Sony Xperia Z Ultra are:
• 6.4-inch Full HD Display.
• Waterproof and dust-resistant (IP55/IP58) body.
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with 2.2 GHz quad-core CPUs.
• 4G LTE, NFC, WIFI, Bluetooth for connectivity.
• The smartphone also comes with capability to let users write and sketch with any pencil and selected stylus or pen (capacitive stylus or metal pen with tip diameter over 1mm).
• It has 2GB RAM, 16GB storage plus a microSD slot.
• It runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
• The smartphone has an 8-megapixel rear and 2 megapixel front camera with 1080p recording.
In terms of screen size, the Sony smartphone will face competition from the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3-inch smartphone which is priced at a much lower Rs 31,490. However the Galaxy Mega has dual-core processor and8GB Internal Memory along with a lower screen resolution at1280 x 720 pixels.