US overtakes China as most attractive country for renewables investment; India slips to 7th spot: EY report
The United States has overtaken China as the most attractive country in the world for renewables investment and the global clean energy sector is expected to bounce back quickly despite the coronavirus pandemic, research showed on Tuesday
COP25 did not end well, with everyone reflecting on its failure to set rules to create a carbon market between countries.
Sustainable living is rooted in Indian culture, it's time to look at alternatives to our high-carbon lifestyles
There are things that can be easily fixed, we do not need to reinvent the wheel. We just need to bite the bullet and make the effort.
The projects will help reduce the carbon footprint ensure that India sticks to the 2015 Paris agreement.
11 multinational banks announced the "Poseidon Principles" that will help shipping firms cut emissions in half within 30 years.
IL&FS gets NCLAT approval for sale of remaining 51% stake in 7 wind energy arms to Japan's Orix Corp
Currently, Orix Corporation owns 49 percent stake in each of 7 operating wind power plants of the Group and had expressed its intent to buy out the remaining 51% stake held by IWEL.
In May, the UK set a record of going two weeks without using any carbon emission heavy resources.
Sustainable tech can help the oceans as well as reduce the carbon footprints we are leaving behind.
Although wind energy is a source of renewable energy, unsuspecting birds are facing the brunt of tall blades.
Viability, implementation risks constrain outlook for wind energy sector; capacity addition to rise to 16 GW by 2023: Crisil
State auctioning slowed as several states signed PSAs with PTC and SECI to procure wind energy under the schemes auctioned by them, to help fulfil their non-solar renewable purchase obligations targets.
With all the progress that India has made in renewables, the bigger picture isn't all that rosy.
Gujarat govt eyes Rs 2.20 lakh cr investment in renewable energy; aims to generate 30,000 MW green power in 10 yrs
Under their three-year plan for the renewable energy sector, the state government intends to generate 10,000 mega watt (mw) through solar energy and 5,000 mw through wind energy, Gujarat Energy Minister Saurabh Patel said.
India has committed to source 40% of its electric capacity from non-fossil fuel sources by 2030.
Wind turbines are acting as new apex predators in the food chain in the local ecosystem.
Wind projects, currently exempt from Impact Assessments, need to consider ecological outcome: Study.
Wind turbines would cause more warming than carbon dioxide emissions would this century in US: Study
Critics though say the government has done too little to push renewable energy as a viable option.
Job market brightens up: Over 300,000 workers to be employed in solar, wind energy sectors in India, says ILO
ILO said that in countries such as Denmark, Estonia, France and Germany, as well as in India, South Korea, the Philippines and South Africa, a number of environmental policies and national development strategies make reference to skills development for the green transition.
Outmuscled from the beginning by their Chinese counterparts, Indian manufacturers are now facing a serious crisis with Chinese units, subjected to tariffs by the US, flooding the global market.
Budget 2018: India's renewable progress slips; GST-induced losses, import duty on solar modules threaten 2022 target
During 2017-18, 4.8 GW renewables capacity was added till 30 November, 2017, against a target of over 14 GW. India will now have to add nearly 3 GW every month — the amount it did over four months previously — to meet its target by the end of March 2018.