CSA had slammed its Australian counterpart for postponing the tour, saying it is "extremely" disappointing and will lead to "serious financial loss".
'Extremely disappointed': CSA’s Graeme Smith expresses ‘frustration’ over Cricket Australia pulling out of South Africa tour
Former Test captain Smith said Cricket South Africa had "bent over backwards" to meet Australia's demands, only for their opponents to scrap the tour citing an "unacceptable risk".
Zak Yacoob faced widespread criticism after he repeatedly insulted the journalist who wanted him to respond to allegations against him.
A three-Test tour was originally scheduled to take place during February and March but an aborted limited overs tour by England late last year led to speculation that either the tour might not take place or that it could be switched to Perth in Western Australia.
Baartman had received a maiden Test call-up for South Africa but was left out due to a medical reason unrelated to COVID-19.
South Africa vs Sri Lanka: Proteas to make 'meaningful' anti-racism gesture on Boxing Day, says coach Mark Boucher
The first Test against Sri Lanka starts on Saturday and coach Mark Boucher said the South African team would look to express its support for inclusion after its inaction in the last series, which attracted criticism from many quarters.
In a brief statement, CSA said all members of the squad were tested when they entered a bio-secure environment in Pretoria on Saturday.
South Africa vs Sri Lanka: Two players withdrawn from Proteas squad after testing positive for COVID-19
The announcement came after three players were added to the squad for the first Test, which starts in Centurion on 26 December
South Africa puts domestic cricket on hold after several senior team players get exposed to COVID-19
With South Africa officially entering a second wave of coronavirus, Cricket South Africa (CSA) announced that domestic matches would be halted until next month.
Karachi and Rawalpindi will hosts the two Tests, the three T20Is will be held in Lahore.
South Africa vs England: Two members from visitors' squad return 'unconfirmed positive tests' for COVID-19 as first ODI called off
The abandonment to Sunday's game came after two hotel staff members tested positive, causing the England party to undergo a round of additional tests on Saturday night, the ECB said. The results were yet to be received but any more positives among players might cause the remainder of the tour to be called off.
South Africa vs England: First ODI postponed after player from Proteas' squad tests positive for COVID-19
Cricket South Africa and the England and Wales Cricket Board said the decision was made “in the interests of the safety and well-being of both teams, match officials and all involved in the match.”
South Africa vs England: COVID-19 shadow looms over tour as Proteas report second positive case in squad
The positive test at the team hotel in Cape Town brings complications because England's squad is staying at the same hotel
Judge Zak Yacoob, chairman of the interim board of Cricket South Africa (CSA), said in a message sent to reporters that the body's members council had made the decision to recognise the board after a weekend of uncertainty.
South Africa vs England: ECB has assured us of tour going ahead, says Jos Buttler as CSA remains mired in crisis
Jos Buttler said CSA's issues had led to him fearing the tour the first on South African soil since the coronavirus outbreak might be canceled.
South Africa cricketers' association expresses 'despair and disbelief' at administrative chaos ahead of England's visit
The chairman of Cricket South Africa’s interim board, Judge Zak Yacoob, warned earlier that the conflict could discourage England from travelling – although a spokesperson for the England and Wales Cricket Board said he expected the tour to go ahead.
The new interim board, which has been appointed by the government, will be chaired by Judge Zak Yaqoob and also includes former batsman Andre Odendaal and South African Cricketers' Association (SACA) president Omphile Ramela.
Interim board for crisis-stricken Cricket South Africa likely this week, says country's sports minister
Nathi Mthethwa said he had received a formal report confirming the resignation of the entire CSA board after setting a deadline of Tuesday for CSA to show cause why he should not intervene in the affairs of the troubled body.
CSA to send security assessment delegation to Pakistan for possible tour in 2021; home schedule announced
After the CSA's entire board resigned on Monday, acting chief executive Kugandrie Govender said the matches against Sri Lanka, like those for the upcoming white-ball series against England, would be played without spectators because of Covid-19 restrictions.
The brief announcement followed the resignation of six board members, including acting president Beresford Williams, on Sunday.