Now, Indian Mujahideen too claim responsibility for Delhi blast

Just a day after Islamist fundamental organisation HuJI claimed responisbility for the high-intensity explosive thatrocked the Delhi High Court, claiming 12 lives and injuring 76,another terrorist group Indian Mujahideen has sent out an email claiming to be the ones behind the Delhi blast.

The email sent out by Indian Mujahideen  states that HuJi cannot be blamed for the attacks, as IM themselves had planned the attack, knowing that the court will be crowded on Wednesday. They also stated that the next attack would take place outside a shopping complex on Tuesday. However it must be noted that the email is not authorisied or verified and could well be a hoax.

The IM email states:

"kal delhi me hue blast me huji ka haath ho hi nahi sakta hai. kyunkiuse hamne anjam diya. hamne pehle se yeh plan banaya tha ki wednesdayke din hi blast karna hai kyunki us din wahan sabse jyada crowd hotihai. ise hamne yani INDIAN MUZAHIDDIN NE ANJAM DIYA HAI. huji ka tohisme dur-dur tak koi wasta nahi hai. hamara agla taret jald hi ranglayega jo ek shopping complex ke bahar hoga. use koi nahi rok sakta.aur yeh agle tuesday ko hoga. rok sako toh rok lo. chotoo (chotu)memberINDIAN MUZAHIDDIN"

Earlier in the day security officials have traced the the HUJI e-mail claiming responsibility to Jammu and Kashmir.

Cyber cafe owner Mehmood Khawja was detained along with two others for questioning in connection with the Delhi Blast, police officials said.One of the detained persons has been identified as Khalid.

"We are investigating the email link from Kishtwar district in connection with the Delhi blast," DGP Kuldeep Khoda said."We are investigating the email link from Kishtwar district in connection with the Delhi blast," DGP Kuldeep Khoda said.There is an input about an email being sent from Kishtwar district, he said, adding police is working on it. Khoda said no arrests have been made so far.

However, since these are crucial links, the police have not yet let them off.The interrogation of the three revealed that a youngster could have sent the mail as Afzal Guru's case is an emotive issue in the region. Police are now on the look out for this suspect.

Investigators probing the blast are looking for a Patna-based man and the owner of a car which is suspected to have ferried the perpetrators."The car's owner may have earlier cheated a few people who have told the investigators that the face of the car owner resembles the sketch of a suspect released last evening," official sources said today. The car has been traced to Faridabad neighbouring Delhi and efforts were on to trace the owner of the vehicle, they said.

The NIA has also announced a Rs five lakh reward for anyone providing clues about Delhi High Court blast.

Meanwhile, Delhi Police and National Investigation Agency (NIA)  met Delhi High Court Chief Justice Dipak Misra and discussed with him measures to beef up security in and around court premises and installation of CCTV cameras, metal-detectors and other security gadgets.

The sources said the government has also decided to hand over to NIA the case relating to the May 25 low-intensity blast outside the Delhi High Court.

HuJI in an e-mail sent to a media house claimed that the blast was carried out in retaliation to the Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru's death sentence.

Here is the full text of the email:

"we owe the responsibility of todays blasts at high have traced the HUJI e-mail claiming responsibility to Jammu and Kashmir court delhi..... our demand is that Afzal Guru's death sentence should be repealede immediately else we would target major high courts & THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA."

 Now, Indian Mujahideen too claim responsibility for Delhi blast

An NSG team investigating the site of the blast outside the Delhi High Court. PTI

According to police sources the HUJI e-mail has been traced to Kishtwar in Jammu, and three persons, including the owner of the cyber cafe from where the email was reportedly sent, are being questioned.

Meanwhile, the 20-member National Investigation Team is still investigating the blast site. The Ministry of Home Affairs has directed the Delhi Police to assist and cooperate with NIA in the investigation process.

The death toll in Wednesday's blast outside the Delhi High Court today rose to 12 with one of the victims succumbing to injuries at a hospital here. A man injured in the blast breathed his last at the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital this morning, police sources said.

The man, who was in his mid-30s, is yet to be identified.Police on Wednesday night launched a search to locate a car which could have been used by the suspects in carrying out the blast outside the Delhi High Court. CNN IBN, citing police sources, said the Delhi Police is on the look out for a Hyundai i10 or a Santro.

Intelligence sources say that they are still verifying the authenticity of an e-mail which was reportedly sent by the Harkat-ul Jehad al Islami (HuJI), claiming responsibility for the blast at Delhi High Court on Wednesday.

Watch video: Blast e-mail traced to J&K: sources

Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.

Updated Date: Jan 12, 2012 11:18:46 IST