- Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi launched an all out attack on the Congress and took a dig at newly appointed Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor and his wife Sunanda Pushkar. Modi also slammed the UPA government and called Prime Minister 'Maun'-nmohan Singh.
In the bulletin, we have a video of what he exactly said.
- The Samajwadi Party has added its voice to growing concern with Sunday’s cabinet reshuffle, calling it the ‘elevation of tainted Ministers’, in a not so subtle reference to External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.
In the video, we have the first reaction from within the UPA stable after the opposition lost no time in slamming it last evening.
- New Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal has announced his arrival by saying that the government is open to revising passenger fares but with an eye to improving services and not to earn profit. Bansal said he would discuss the issue with the full railway board on Tuesday and then take it up with Manmohan Singh.
- Millions of Americans over a 700-mile stretch across eight states up and down the East Coast prepared for the approaching Hurricane Sandy and its potentially devastating impact. The New York Stock Exchange said it will close its trading floor on Monday for the first time since Hurricane Gloria in 1985, though stocks will still trade electronically. Even the New York subway will be shut down for the first time since 9/11.
Check out the bulletin for a look at the storm and how it's approaching America.
- And finally... in sport, Sourav Ganguly has called quits from all forms of the game. The former skipper said that he will not be playing in IPL-6 and first-class cricket for Bengal. He says that he will be 41 by the time IPL-6 kicks off and T20 is a very demanding format. And last night, Pankaj Advani won his 7th world billiards title. He beat defending champion and seasoned Englishman Mike Russell in the final.
Updated Date: Oct 29, 2012 18:45:45 IST