tech2 News StaffFeb 14, 2017 13:06:51 IST
Isro has released two videos ahead of the record breaking launch of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) mission which will deploy into orbit 104 satellites. The PSLV rocket has been packed till its full capacity, and the twenty eight hour countdown for the launch has begun.
The "Curtain Raiser" video shows a brief history of satellite launches in India that have lead to the record breaking launch tomorrow. There is some very old and rare footage of the earliest rocket launches in India, which were small sounding rockets.
Read more about the earlier record breaking PSLV launches that paved the way for the PSLV-C37 mission here.
The second video shows the rocket being prepared for launch at Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh. The video also goes over the important PSLV launches so far, including the historic missions to Mars and the Moon. There is detailed information of the 104 satellites on board, and what they will be used for. More information about the satellites in the launch is available here.
The record breaking launch is scheduled for 9:28 am on 15 February, 2017. DoorDarshan will be starting a pre-launch program from forty minutes before the launch. A live stream of the launch proceedings will be available on the Isro website, as well as DoorDarshan's YouTube channel. Those who want to follow the launch live, can find instructions to do so, here.
This story is a part of a series on the world record launch of 104 satellites on a single mission by Isro. The stories in the series are:
- Isro aims for a World record, to launch 83 satellites on a single rocket
- ISRO to launch world record 100 satellites in the PSLV-C37 mission scheduled for February
- Launching 103 satellites is not about setting a record, but to maximise capability, says ISRO chief
- Isro adds another passenger to the PSLV-C37 mission, 104 satellite launch rescheduled to mid February
- Isro plans to involve Indian industries to increase satellite launch capacity
- Isro’s mid-February PSLV-C37 launch of 104 satellites to have 88 satellites from Planet Labs
- Isro chief AS Kiran Kumar outlines the various uses of Indian satellites to students
- Isro’s PSLV-C37 launch scheduled for 15 February at 9:00 AM, here are the confirmed details
- Isro is going to break these previous satellite launch records with the PSLV-C37 mission
- Isro to recover half the cost of record breaking PSLV-C37 launch from foreign customers
- Isro PSLV-C37 record breaking mission run up: A history of rockets and launch vehicles in India
- Isro PSLV-C37 mission: The US private sector is threatened by cheap Indian spaceflight
- Isro has plans to go to Venus and visit Mars again in the future, along with 104 satellites launch on 15 Feb
- Isro’s record breaking PSLV-C37 mission: These are the 104 satellites on board
- Isro PSLV-C37 launch: How Antrix compares to other satellite launch services
As we follow the planned launch of India's second mission to the Moon, Chandrayaan-2 on 15 July, you can find our entire collection of stories, in-depth analysis, live updates, videos & more on our dedicated #Chandrayaan2TheMoon domain.