Stories about sexual harassment and murky shenanigans are not that unusual in the NGO world. And why should they be? These are human failings.
Former iGATE chief executive Phaneesh Murthy has "settled" all charges relating to a sexual misconduct case that had led to his sacking from the US-based outsourcing firm two years back.
US-based outsourcing firm iGATE has been slapped with yet another sexual harassment suit by an ex-employee, claiming that she was sexually abused by the firm's Legal Head and her supervisor.
Here's a look at the people who were the biggest newsmakers in the year 2013.
The RBI starting the year off with rate cuts and then reversing its stance on concerns about widening current account deficit. Fears that the US Federal Reserve will start cutting its bond purchase programme sooner than expected only added to the worries. Foreign funds pulled out of the Indian equities and debt in hoards.
"I hope to work with technology firms, which has been a significant part of my life," Murthy said.
Former iGate's CEO, Phaneesh Murthy, who was sacked in May on sexual assault charges, has filed a defamation and breach of contract case against the company.
India Inc has a lot of catching up to do when it comes to sensitising employees to gender issues at the workplace, HR experts have said, amid increasingly frequent reports of sexual harassment charges in the country.
US-based outsourcing firm iGate's former chief executive Phaneesh Murthy will no longer receive unvested stock options worth $7 million due to him between November this year and 2020 after he was terminated in May for not reporting a relationship with a subordinate.<br /><br />
Ashok Vemuri, fromerly global head of manufacturing and engineering at Infosys, will be appointed as iGate president and CEO on Monday, 16 September, the US-listed Indian IT company said today.<br /><br />
Vemuri is not Phaneesh. But he might just be the right person to head iGate.
A Delhi district court has rejected the anticipatory bail plea of IDFC Capital CEO Tapasije Mishra in a case filed against him by a woman alleging sexual abuse, intimidation and breach of trust.
L'affaire Phaneesh Murthy is haunting Nasdaq-listed iGate Corp.
iGate, which was in news for sacking of its chief executive Phaneesh Murty over non-disclosure of his alleged affair with a subordinate, said these demands are not tenable and the NASDAQ-listed firm has approached the requisite appellate authorities.
To rectify this situation and have more serious compensation being granted, corporates must take up the issue of sexual harassment at work more seriously.
In business, being right 95% of the time, is in fact an achievement. But, in the world of ethics, the remaining 5% will pull one down
Forbes interviewed Phaneesh Murthy a day after he was sacked from iGate. Here are excerpts from the interview:
The negligence by the company reflects badly on iGate as it appointed Murthy as CEO only 18 months after he was booted from Infosys on sexual harassment charges by two women employees.