Sachin Tendulkar's long-awaited docu-feature to finally hit screens in May
A docu-feature on master blaster Sachin Tendulkar titled 'Sachin: A Billion Dreams,' finally ended the long wait for his fans and is set to release on 26 May.
Mumbai: A docu-feature on master-blaster Sachin Tendulkar titled "Sachin: A Billion Dreams," that's been eagerly awaited by the legend's fans is set to release on 26 May.
The release date of the film was announced by Tendulkar himself on Twitter.
— sachin tendulkar (@sachin_rt) February 13, 2017
The trailer for the much-awaited movie was released in April 2016. It has been said that the film will highlight the life and the rise of Tendulkar with real life footage of him playing cricket used in the film. Legendary musician A.R Rahman took charge of its music and is directed by James Erskine, a London-based award-winning writer, director and producer. The film will also reveal a few aspects of his life which have never been heard of or seen before. After releasing his autobiography, ‘Playing it My Way’ in 2014, the little master's story will hit the big screens this time. This comes just months after Mahendra Singh Dhoni's biopic called M.S. Dhoni: The Untold and Azhar which was based on incidents surrounding former India captain Mohammad Azharuddin, made it to the big screen.
The likes of Shahrukh Khan, Virat Kohli had expressed their interests in watching the movie when the teaser was released last year.
This one I have to watch. Show me NA soon my friend. https://t.co/DeIxqGGc4v
— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) April 11, 2016
The film is finally scheduled to hit the screens in May, a year and a month after the teaser was out, but there have been no updates why the movie was delayed.
Tendulkar made his debut in 1989 and grew into country's biggest sporting icon thanks to a glittering career that lasted for 24 years.
With inputs from PTI
T20 World Cup 2021: Dhoni can only do so much as mentor, it's the players who have to go out and perform, says Gavaskar
MS Dhoni had been appointed mentor to the Indian team for the T20 World Cup during the squad announcement by BCCI last month
Nasser Hussain also highlighted India's poor track record in the knockout stages of recent ICC events.
In his appeal to the high court, Aryan Khan said the NCB's 'interpretation and misinterpretation' of the chats collected from his cellphone was 'wrong and unjustified'