The Auckland game has provided the first instance of a 'tie' between India and New Zealand in ODIs. India figure in seven tied matches while New Zealand in six. Here are more stats after the match
- Overall, three tied matches have witnessed in totals of 300 or more from both the teams - New Zealand vs England at Napier on February 20, 2008; England vs India at Bangalore on February 27, 2011 and India vs New Zealand at Auckland on January 25, 2014.
- India (314/9) have recorded their second highest total in ODIs in New Zealand - their highest being 392 for four vs New Zealand at Christchurch on March 8, 2009.
- Ravindra Jadeja (2/47) recorded his best bowling figures vs New Zealand. He posted his seventh fifty (66) in ODIs - his first against New Zealand.
- Jadeja has received his eighth Man of the Match award in ODIs - his first vs New Zealand.
- Jadeja's above knock is the second highest by an Indian number eight batsman in ODIs. Ajit Agarkar had made 67 not out off 25 balls vs Zimbabwe at Rajkot on Dec.14, 2000.
- Mohammad Shami (10-0-84-2) posted his worst bowling figures in terms of runs conceded in ODIs. He became the first Indian bowler to concede 80 runs or more against New Zealand in an ODI.
- Shami also recorded an unwanted feat of conceding most runs in an innings in ODIs at Auckland.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni enjoys an excellent record in ODIs in New Zealand - his aggregate being 330 in seven innings.
- Dhoni became the first Indian captain to register four fifties in ODIs in New Zealand - a fifty each at Hamilton, Christchurch, Napier and Auckland.
- Ravichandran Ashwin (65 off 46 balls) has recorded a career-best innings - his maiden half-century in ODIs.
- For the first time in ODIs, number six, seven and eight batsmen have registered fifties in the same innings.
- Ashwin and Jadeja were associated in a stand of 85 - India's highest seventh-wicket partnership vs New Zealand in ODIs.
- Martin Guptill (111 off 129 balls) is the first New Zealand batsman to record a century vs India at Eden Park, in ODIs, eclipsing Bruce Edgar's unbeaten 99 off 136 balls on February 14, 1981.
- Guptill's century is his second in ODIs in New Zealand - his first being 122 not out vs West Indies at Auckland on January 10, 2009.
- Guptill's fifth century in ODIs is his first vs India. He became the third New Zealand batsman to post two hundreds in ODIs at Auckland, joining Nathan Astle and Martin Crowe.
- Corey Anderson (5/63) has recorded his best bowling figures in ODIs, surpassing the four for 40 vs Bangladesh at Dhaka on October 31, 2013.
- Anderson became the second New Zealand bowler after Jacob Oram - 5/26 on December 26, 2002 - to bag five wickets vs India at Auckland in ODIs. Overall, he is the fourth New Zealand bowler to take five wickets at this venue in ODIs.
- Anderson is the first all-rounder to amass 100 runs or more and take ten wickets in a bilateral series - 120 runs (ave.60.00) and ten wickets at 18.10 runs apiece.
Your guide to the latest cricket World Cup stories, analysis, reports, opinions, live updates and scores on https://www.firstpost.com/firstcricket/series/icc-cricket-world-cup-2019.html. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram or like our Facebook page for updates throughout the ongoing event in England and Wales.
Updated Date: Jan 25, 2014 20:25:31 IST