Sushant Singh Rajput death: AIIMS says its report on the 'same page' as CBI; forensic chief refuses to divulge details

The CBI on Monday said it has not reached any conclusion in the death of Sushant Singh Rajput and all aspects are under investigation.

Press Trust of India September 30, 2020 10:54:56 IST
Sushant Singh Rajput death: AIIMS says its report on the 'same page' as CBI; forensic chief refuses to divulge details

The AIIMS' forensic chief Dr Sudhir Gupta said on Tuesday the board of doctors has given a conclusive medico-legal opinion in the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput to the CBI and that they were on the "same page" with the probe agency in the matter.

A source said the doctors' panel did not find any trace of poison in the actor's viscera, but this information could not be verified further.

On his part, Dr Gupta refused to divulge any details, stating the case is sub judice.

"The medical board of AIIMS has expressed very clearly and conclusively medico-legal final opinion in this case to the CBI. The AIIMS and CBI are in agreement and on the same page in the matter," AIIMS' forensic chief said.

He added, "We don't confirm any speculation running in the media and request all media to refrain from referring to AIIMS' name in any news content."

These remarks by Dr Gupta come amid conflicting media reports about the contents of the medico-legal opinion. While some news reports claimed that the expert panel has said there is no proof of poisoning, some others said it has not ruled out murder or homicide.

The CBI had on Monday said it has not reached any conclusion in the death of Sushant Singh Rajput and all aspects are under investigation.

"The Central Bureau of Investigation is conducting a professional investigation related to the death of Sushant Singh Rajput in which all aspects are being looked into and no aspect has been ruled out as of date," a CBI spokesperson said in a statement.

Rajput, 34, who made his silver screen debut in the critically acclaimed Kai Po Che seven years ago, was found dead in his apartment in suburban Bandra in Mumbai on 14 June.

The CBI had taken over the probe from Bihar Police into the alleged abetment to suicide case filed by the actor's father KK Singh in Patna against Rajput's girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty and her family.

KK Singh, in his complaint to the Bihar Police, had alleged that Chakraborty along with her family members had misappropriated Rajput's wealth. The allegation was denied by Chakraborty in TV interviews.

Last week, KK Singh's lawyer Vikas Singh had expressed "helplessness" over the "slow pace" of the CBI probe into Rajput's death.

"The pace of the CBI probe into Sushant Singh Rajput's death has suddenly slowed down and all attention is being diverted to drugs-related issues with the NCB conducting fashion parade of Bollywood stars," the late actor's family lawyer Vikas Singh had alleged on 25 September.

Updated Date:

Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.

also read

Sushant Singh Rajput's sisters move Bombay HC, seeking to quash FIR against them
India

Sushant Singh Rajput's sisters move Bombay HC, seeking to quash FIR against them

A Bombay HC bench posted the matter for hearing on 13 October, saying there was 'no urgency'

Sushant Singh Rajput case: Maharashtra minister Anil Deshmukh claims BJP behind discrediting Mumbai Police, orders probe
Politics

Sushant Singh Rajput case: Maharashtra minister Anil Deshmukh claims BJP behind discrediting Mumbai Police, orders probe

The Maharashtra home minister, pointing to the AIIMS report that ruled out murder in the late actor's death, demanded an apology from those who 'defamed' the state

Bollywood producers, filmmakers move court against Arnab Goswami, Navika Kumar for 'derogatory reporting'
Entertainment

Bollywood producers, filmmakers move court against Arnab Goswami, Navika Kumar for 'derogatory reporting'

Top Bollywood filmmakers and producers on Monday filed a lawsuit in the Delhi High Court against “irresponsible reporting by certain media houses”.