Rajdhani Express engine, power coach derails near Minto bridge in New Delhi, no injuries reported
A Delhi-bound Rajdhani went off the tracks near Minto bridge in New Delhi on Thursday, hours after seven coaches of the Shaktipunj Express derailed in Uttar Pradesh.
New Delhi: A Delhi-bound Rajdhani went off the tracks near Minto bridge in New Delhi on Thursday, hours after seven coaches of the Shaktipunj Express derailed in Uttar Pradesh, said a railways spokesperson.
No casualties were reported in the two accidents.
"The engine and power car are affected. Since the speed of the (Ranchi-Delhi Rajdhani Express) train was very low, there was no injury to any passenger," said Neeraj Sharma, Northern Railways spokesperson.
The incident took place around 11.45 am.
Earlier in the morning, seven coaches of the Jabalpur-bound Shaktipunj Express derailed in Sonbhadra district of Uttar Pradesh.
"The accident occurred at around 6.25 am this morning and we have already cleared out the site. All passengers were put in the remaining coaches and by 7.28 am all of them had left the spot. All of them are safe and no one was injured in the accident," said ministry spokesperson Anil Saxena.
The train was running at a speed of about 40 kilometres per hour which, officials say, prevented any injuries when the incident occurred.
It was the third derailment in Uttar Pradesh in less than a month, On 19 August, the Kalinga Utkal Express derailed in Muzaffarnagar district, killing 22 people. On 23 August, the Kaifiat Express derailed in Auraiya district.
The derailments of the Rajdhani and the Shaktipunj Express are the first two accidents after Piyush Goyal took over as the new railways minister this week.
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.
UPSESSB scraps recruitment process to fill 15,508 posts of trained graduate, postgraduate teachers in Uttar Pradesh
The UPSESSB deputy secretary Naval Kishore said that the board will be releasing a fresh recruitment advertisement to fill the vacant posts after addressing all legal issues. Candidates who have already applied will not be required to register again
Non-registration of sexual offences is widespread, unfair media reporting compounds problem: Ex-UP DGP Sutapa Sanyal
The benchmark for police efficiency should be truly delinked with the number of FIRs registered, says former Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police Sutapa Sanyal.
The police said that teams have been formed to nab the accused who is absconding while the body of the deceased has been sent for a post-mortem examination