- There's a whole lot happening with Robert Vadra! Arvind Kejriwal's IAC has asked Robert Vadra to apologise after his Facebook status read,"Mango people in Banana Republic." Vadra later deleted his Facebook profile altogether. Kejriwal has said that he will make documents against not only Vadra, but also another politician, public tomorrow.
The IAC has also issued a statement questioning land acquisitions made by Priyanka Gandhi in Himachal Pradesh, based on a letter sent to Kejriwal by former Chief Minister Shanta Kumar. Based on Kumar’s letter, IAC issued a statement in which it said that the BJP state government in Himachal Praadesh should come clean on these properties.
We have a CNN-IBN report in the bulletin.
- Varsha Bhosle, the daughter of renowned singer Asha Bhosle, reportedly committed suicide today by shooting herself. According to initial reports, Varsha had shot herself in the head, but it was not revealed where she had obtained the weapon from.
Check out the CNN-IBN report in the bulletin for more detail.
- The Supreme Court has decided to review the petition of Karnataka on the Cauvery water sharing dispute on October 12th after the state sought a deferment on the issue. This is after BJP MPs from Karnataka, led by Anant Kumar met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh demanding a withdrawal of his order to share water with Tamil Nadu.
- In world news, Venezuela’s socialist President Hugo Chavez won re-election on Sunday, quashing the opposition’s best bet at unseating him in 14 years.The 58-year-old Chavez took 54.42 percent of the vote, with 90 percent of the ballots counted, to 44.97 percent for young opposition candidate Henrique Capriles. Chavez’s victory would extend his rule of the OPEC member state to two decades, though he is recovering from cancer and the possibility of a recurrence hangs over his political future.
- British researcher John Gurdon and Shinya Yamanaka of Japan have won this year’s Nobel Prize in medicine or physiology. The prize committee at Stockholm’s Karolinska Institute said that the two researchers won the award for their research in stem cells which have revolutionized our understanding of how cells and organisms develop.
- Over to sport and in overnight football, Real Madrid and Barcelona drew 2-2 in the El Clasico. Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi both scored a brace for their clubs. In cricket, CSA i.e. Cricket South Africa has issued a statement strongly denying allegations by ECB CEO David Collier, that it was South African players who had instigated the text message row involving the ECB and Kevin Pietersen. CSA said the allegations were absolute rubbish.
Updated Date: Oct 08, 2012 19:40 PM