MHA website hacked, temporarily blocked by authorities; investigation on
The Ministry of Home Affairs website was hacked on Sunday, prompting authorities to temporarily block it, an official said.
New Delhi: The Ministry of Home Affairs website was hacked on Sunday, prompting authorities to temporarily block it, an official said.
The MHA website was immediately blocked by the National Informatics Centre after hacking was noticed.
Computer emergency response teams are looking into the incident, the official said. Further details were awaited.
Last month, suspected Pakistan-affiliated operatives had hacked the official website of the elite National Security Guard (NSG) and defaced it with a profanity-laden message against the Prime Minister and anti-India content.
More than 700 websites of various central and state government departments were hacked in the past four years and a total of 8,348 persons were arrested for their involvement in cyber crimes, according to official data released this month.
Anil Deshmukh resigns as Maharashtra home minister hours after Bombay HC orders CBI probe into corruption allegations
A division bench of Chief Justice Dipankar Datta and Justice Girish Kulkarni had on Monday said this was an 'extraordinary' and 'unprecedented' case that warranted an independent inquiry
Shah is scheduled to chair a high-level meeting at the Police Coordination Centre in Jagdalpur on the Left Wing Extremism (LWE) situation
The notice calling Deshmukh to join the CBI probe was issued on Monday morning, a day after his two aides Sanjeev Palande and Kundan recorded their statements before the agency, the officials said