Agra: Fire breakout in private hospital leaves three dead
A hospital owner and his two teenage children died after a fire broke out in a private hospital due to a short circuit early on Wednesday.
Agra: According to police, a short circuit caused a fire to start in a private hospital here early on Wednesday, killing a hospital owner and his two teenage children. The owner, who remained in the hospital along with his family on the first floor of the building, was trapped inside while the patients were safely transported outside.
According to City Vikas Kumar, Superintendent of Police, the fire started on the building’s first floor in the Naripura neighbourhood at around 5:30 am. “The owner of the private hospital and his family resided on the first floor, while the hospital operated from the ground floor. Three people were killed in the incident, while two are being treated at the hospital and are out of danger,” Kumar said.
Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Agra, Arun Shrivastava three people were killed during the course of treatment in the hospital. They include the owner of the hospital Rajan (45), his daughter Shalu (17)and his son Rishi (14), the CMO said.
The two injured are also family members of the hospital owner but their exact identity is yet to be ascertained.
The fire began about 4 p.m. Monday and took firefighters four hours to extinguish, the Wenfang district government said
The incident occurred on Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR), which is marked on 20th November each year to remember those who have been killed because of transphobia
UP: Three children among six of a family killed in Firozabad fire; CM Adityanath condoles loss of lives
At least six members of a family were killed and three injured on Tuesday after a fire broke out in their electronics-cum-furniture shop on the ground floor of the building they lived in, police said.