Alok Nath's anticipatory bail plea rejected by Mumbai sessions court in sexual assault case

The complainant's advocate said in an interview that Alok Nath's plea for anticipatory bail was not granted by the court

FP Staff December 16, 2018 11:44:32 IST
Alok Nath's anticipatory bail plea rejected by Mumbai sessions court in sexual assault case

Film and television actor Alok Nath filed an anticipatory bail application in Dindoshi court in Mumbai after a rape case was registered against Nath based on a complaint filed by a writer-producer who accused him of raping her 19 years ago. However, as per Mid-Day, his application for bail was rejected by the court.

Alok Naths anticipatory bail plea rejected by Mumbai sessions court in sexual assault case

Alok Nath. Image from Twitter

The advocate for the complainant told the publication that the bail was rejected as they also sought time to file an intervention application, opposing Nath's plea. The counsel further added that the matter had been adjourned in court till 20 December.

The writer-producer on 8th October accused Nath of raping her 20 years ago when she was was working TV show Tara, in a lengthy Facebook status. She had alleged that Nath sexually assaulted her on more than one occasion after he was fired from the 1993 show for misbehaving with its lead actor Navneet Nishan.

Alok Nath and his wife Ashu responded to her allegations by filing a defamation suit in the Dindoshi sessions court, seeking Rs 1 in damages. On 17 October, the screen-writer filed a complaint against Nath Oshiwara police station. He was booked for rape by Mumbai Police on 21 November.

Updated Date:

also read

How ‘Rang De Basanti’ that completes 17 years today was a game changer of its time
Entertainment

How ‘Rang De Basanti’ that completes 17 years today was a game changer of its time

We fondly remember Rang De Basanti today on its 17th anniversary that led to corruption becoming a subject of fierce debate in India after the major success of this film among youngsters

Ali Fazal won't feature in 'Fukrey 3': Will be back after small detour
Entertainment

Ali Fazal won't feature in 'Fukrey 3': Will be back after small detour

Fazal essays the role of Zafar in the popular buddy comedy film franchise, which started with 2013's 'Fukrey', followed by a sequel 'Fukrey Returns' in 2017.

Zee Studios powers up with Anil Sharma, Sunny Deol to deliver big Republic Day announcement, launches Gadar 2 poster
Entertainment

Zee Studios powers up with Anil Sharma, Sunny Deol to deliver big Republic Day announcement, launches Gadar 2 poster

After shattering records with massive critical acclaim back in 2001, Zee Studios is back with the most anticipated sequel of 'Gadar 2,' that redefined patriotism, love and passion in Bollywood!