Actor Satish Shah reveals he tested positive for Covid-19 in July, thanks medical staff for his recovery
Satish Shah was admitted to Mumbai's Lilavati hospital on 20 July after testing positive for coronavirus.
Veteran actor Satish Shah on Sunday revealed that he had tested positive for COVID-19 last month and thanked the medical staff for "restoring" his health back to normal.
(Click here to follow LIVE updates on coronavirus outbreak)
The 69-year-old actor, best known for his work on shows like Sarabhai vs Sarabhai and Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi, was admitted to Lilavati Hospital on 20 July after he contracted the novel coronavirus. He was discharged on 28 July.
"I am absolutely well now. As per protocol, I have to quarantine myself till 11 August. I had developed a fever which I suppressed by taking medicines. But then I was asked to get myself tested and the result turned out to be positive. I got admitted to the hospital immediately.
"I would advise everyone to do that because they monitor you round-the-clock and you can avoid complications. There's nothing to be afraid of," Shah told Press Trust of India.
Earlier in the day, the actor took to Twitter to thank the medical staff who nursed him back to health.
#Lilawatihospital can’t thank the angels in there enough for restoring my health back to normal. God bless u all.
— satish shah (@sats45) August 9, 2020
Shah said he had planned to announce his diagnosis once his quarantine ended, but after actor Abhishek Bachchan he revealed he had tested negative for COVID-19 on Saturday, he was prompted to express gratitude towards the frontline workers.
"You should not panic about COVID-19. It only creates complications if you have some health issues. In my case, it was mainly the age factor which made me cautious. But I am fine now by God's grace and would want people to remain positive," he added.
A graduate from the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Shah's career spans over four decades across TV and cinema. He is best known for his performances in films like Kundan Shah's cult classic Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro, Sooraj Barjatya's family dramas Hum Aapke Hain Koun…!, Hum Saath Saath Hain and Farah Khan's action-comedy Main Hoon Na.
His last screen appearance was the second season of the hit comedy show Sarabhai vs Sarabhai, which premiered in 2017.
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.
Ashalata Wabgaonkar was undergoing treatment at the private hospital in Maharashtra since 17 September.
Tommy DeVito, along with Valli, Bob Gaudio, and Nick Massi, founded the Four Seasons in 1960.
Shweta Tiwari tests positive for coronavirus, halts shooting of Mere Dad Ki Dulhan with Varun Badola
Shweta Tiwari said she decided to get tested for the coronavirus after developing a cough on 16 September.