Telecom Secretary R Chandrashekhar told CNBC-TV18: "We have information that there are interested bidders. Existing players who need additional spectrum are interested. Also, new players are interested."
He added that he could not confirm if RIL had plans to bid in the 2G auction and that no foreign firm had made any explicit inquiry so far.
R Chandrashekhar told CNBC TV-18: "All telcos whose licence have been quashed can bid in 2G auction. Also, it is possible to allow 100% foreign companies to apply for the 2G auction."
He said that those companies whose licences were quashed can apply with a clean slate and it is unlikely that there would be any court intervention.
He said that the 3G auction is a benchmark for spectrum price realisation and that the SC-directed @G auction will be held on the lines of the 3G auction.
Updated Date: Dec 20, 2014 11:35 AM