Oracle announced that Sun Direct has completed an upgrade to Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management 7.5. Oracle Communications Consulting supported the successful upgrade, which focused on business critical enhancements – including reduced customisations and streamlined integration with Sun Direct’s back office to grow revenue and reduce technology maintenance costs.
Sun Direct, a direct-to-home (DTH) player in South India with upwards of 8 million subscribers, uses the latest MPEG4-based technology to increase broadcast capacity and deliver next-generation services, including an expanded range of high-definition channels.
To help further differentiate its offerings and maintain its competitive edge, Sun Direct needed to optimise its billing operations, create powerful new bundles and improve visibility into customer information across all services.
Mahesh R. Kumar, Chief Executive Officer, Sun Direct, said, “An efficient and flexible billing platform is critical for our successful operations, especially as we continue to grow and evolve as a direct-to-home satellite service provider. Because we needed total confidence in our billing system while assuming the lowest upgrade risk possible, we enlisted Oracle Communications Consulting to lead this project – enabling us to complete the project on time and on budget.”
By upgrading to Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management 7.5, Sun Direct improved its ability to:
- Deliver enhanced product offerings – including monthly services pro-rated into daily payments, and rapidly growing multi-month plans
- Increase average revenue per user (ARPU) by optimising accounting system integration with customer service plans, resulting in a significant revenue increase during the first two quarters the system was live
- Control customer churn by providing a grace period for satellite service payments and extending the grace period for customers to re-charge accounts – improving service affordability across income levels
- Improve customer self-care and service use reporting by integrating each customer’s purchase history with the customer care application – supporting greater visibility into customers’ purchase history and enabling the provider to customise future service offerings
- Reduce total cost of ownership by removing nearly all customisations and enhancements related to the integration of front and back office systems
“By upgrading its billing platform, Sun Direct can offer new services more quickly, with greater flexibility, and at a lower cost – all while maximising the value of its investment in Oracle solutions,” said Bhaskar Gorti, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Communications. “The communications industry must continue to evolve away from bespoke solutions that continually require slow and costly custom development to achieve new capabilities. Sun Direct understands this and is thriving because of it.”
Updated Date: Feb 03, 2017 00:03 AM