tech2 News StaffNov 30, 2018 13:30:06 IST
Roughly two weeks after beginning the Android 9 Pie-based HydrogenOS closed beta program for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T users in China, OnePlus has now begun rolling out the public beta version of HydrogenOS.
What does that mean for OxygenOS users? Well, OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5 users who've been eagerly waiting for the stable Android Pie release may still have to be patient, while those on the beta track should see a public roll out soon. The wait has been excruciating but there is hope that Android 9 Pie might be available by the end of December.
As per the changelog, courtesy of XDA Developers, here's a brief run-down of things that the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T users will be getting.
- New OnePlus UI design, more details waiting for you to discover.
- New background control solution for a lighter and smoother experience.
- New full-screen gestures (5T only) Android P shutdown interface icon
- Replaced advanced restart communication.
- SMS verification code to open the display, check the verification code faster step.
- Optimised strange number identification function.
- Added dual card mode to set the default card for a single contact or group.
- Optimised call interface UI design applications.
- Optimised experience of weather applications.
As for OnePlus 3 and 3T users who were also promised Android 9 Pie, things are still in the grey and OnePlus is quiet on announcing an expected time of arrival.
The Great Diwali Discount!
Unlock 75% more savings this festive season. Get Moneycontrol Pro for a year for Rs 289 only.
Coupon code: DIWALI. Offer valid till 10th November, 2019 .