tech2 News StaffNov 30, 2018 13:30:06 IST
Roughly two weeks after beginning the Android 9 Pie-based HydrogenOS closed beta program for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T users in China, OnePlus has now begun rolling out the public beta version of HydrogenOS.
What does that mean for OxygenOS users? Well, OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5 users who've been eagerly waiting for the stable Android Pie release may still have to be patient, while those on the beta track should see a public roll out soon. The wait has been excruciating but there is hope that Android 9 Pie might be available by the end of December.
As per the changelog, courtesy of XDA Developers, here's a brief run-down of things that the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T users will be getting.
- New OnePlus UI design, more details waiting for you to discover.
- New background control solution for a lighter and smoother experience.
- New full-screen gestures (5T only) Android P shutdown interface icon
- Replaced advanced restart communication.
- SMS verification code to open the display, check the verification code faster step.
- Optimised strange number identification function.
- Added dual card mode to set the default card for a single contact or group.
- Optimised call interface UI design applications.
- Optimised experience of weather applications.
As for OnePlus 3 and 3T users who were also promised Android 9 Pie, things are still in the grey and OnePlus is quiet on announcing an expected time of arrival.
Tech2 is now on WhatsApp. For all the buzz on the latest tech and science, sign up for our WhatsApp services. Just go to Tech2.com/Whatsapp and hit the Subscribe button.