The bad bank or NARCL will pay up to 15 percent of the agreed value for the loans in cash and the remaining 85 percent would be government-guaranteed security receipts
CEA asks govt to end forbearance window for borrowers, pitches for setup of 'bad bank' to deal with NPAs
A bad bank is a financial institution that takes over bad assets of lenders and undertakes resolution. Lenders have been making a case for a bad bank to ease pressure of bad loans in these difficult times
Supreme Court extends relief on NPAs after govt says interest issue being considered at 'highest level'
The Centre told the court an expert panel has been set up to look into the interest being charged by banks on instalments deferred during the moratorium
With incremental bank lending making up the bulk of the government's nearly Rs 21 lakh crore stimulus package, lenders face significant asset quality challenges which can increase their dud loan ratios by up to 6 percentage points over the next two years, warns a report
RBI board member Satish Marathe says stimulus package fails to involve banks as frontline warriors in economic revival
The stimulus package announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman "fails to involve" banks in the economic revival process, a member of the Reserve Bank of India's central board said on Wednesday
Kotak Mahindra Bank on Wednesday reported 4 percent decline in consolidated net profit at Rs 1,951.82 crore for the fourth quarter ended March 2020 due to COVID-19 related provisions
Bandhan Bank on Tuesday said its net profit for March quarter, 2019-20 stood at Rs 517.28 crore
SBI Cards and Payment Services on Friday reported a 66 percent decline in net profit at Rs 84 crore for the March quarter on additional provisions due to the COVID-19 crisis as well as rise in total expenses
RBL Bank on Thursday reported a 54 percent decline in its net profit to Rs 114 crore for the March 2020 quarter, as the provisioning for bad loans spiked manyfold
Having recognised a huge quantum of non-performing assets (NPAs) in the past few quarters, Yes Bank has created a dedicated stressed asset management vertical to recover and resolve such accounts that have touched Rs 50,000 crore, a top official said on Thursday
Coronavirus crisis: Major lenders revive idea of 'bad bank' to deal with high NPAs; 'this is right time to work it out', says SBI CMD Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar said that the idea of bad bank was not feasible three years ago, when talk began that banks should spin off bad assets into a separate company to unburden existing banks.
Q4 results impact: Yes Bank shares zoom 20% after lender posts Rs 2,629-cr profit, HCL Tech jumps over 4%
Shares of Yes Bank on Thursday zoomed 20 percent after the company reported a net profit of Rs 2,629 crore for the March quarter
Yes Bank had a loss of Rs 18,560 crore loss in the December quarter while the loss was at Rs 1,506 crore in the March 2019 quarter.
Public sector banks' NPAs likely to rise by 2-4%; may push govt to recapitalise via RBI reserves, bonds: Report
State-owned banks' non-performing loans are likely to rise by 2-4 percentage points, which will put up to $15 billion recapitalisation pressure on the government in FY21, a foreign brokerage firm said on Tuesday
Non-performing assets of Bank of Baroda soared more than six-fold to Rs 73,140 crore while those of Indian Bank surged four-times to Rs 32,561.26 crore in six years, according to a Right to Information reply
Coronavirus crisis: Bad bank debts could double by end of fiscal year, around 25% outstanding loans face risk of default
A fresh surge in bad debt could hit credit growth and delay recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.
Shares of Axis Bank on Wednesday dropped over 6 percent in early trade after the company reported a standalone net loss of Rs 1,387.78 crore for March quarter of 2019-20
Axis Bank Q4 net loss at Rs 1,388 cr as provisions jump nearly 3 times; income increases to Rs 20,786 cr
Axis Bank said the extent to which the COVID-19 pandemic will impact the bank''s provision on assets will depend on the future developments, which are highly uncertain.
Coronavirus Outbreak: SIDBI to provide 90-day term loans to banks, NBFCs, MFIs for onward lending to MSMEs
SIDBI will offer liquidity to banks, NBFCs and MFIs as term loans for a tenor of 90 days and for a maximum period of one year,
HDFC Chairman Deepak Parekh on Tuesday said he sees 20 percent drop in property prices of unsold residential inventory, and advised developers to offload their stocks to enhance liquidity position