Thanksgiving 2022: Six things to do with your family
Interview your family with the quirkiest of questions, which may not be easy to answer
Thanksgiving is a time when our family and friends celebrate all that we are thankful for. If there’s one thing Thanksgiving is popular for, it’s the feast. We spend a lot of time planning side dishes, take hours to prepare the perfect Thanksgiving turkey, and let’s not forget stuffing ourselves with some delectable pies. But Thanksgiving can be much more than just a feast if we plan some fun activities for the occasion. One can play a gratitude game and gather around a fire pit. If you’re looking for some fun things to do this Thanksgiving, we have got you covered. Have a look at some great things you can do today, 24 November:
- Play a gratitude game: Keep everyone’s minds on the reason for the gathering by playing a gratitude game and encourage people to be more creative with their answers.
- Make Thanksgiving cupcakes: This is a fun activity that will give you something to eat. It will keep your kids busy and make them help with the Thanksgiving feast.
- Revisit your old memories: It’s very good to visit your old memories. Have a look at old photographs and videos of your best moments. It will bring some old memories back to you.
- Go for petsgiving: Don’t just invite your friends and family. Make it a Petsgiving by asking your kin to bring their furry family members along as well. Ask everyone to get a pet-friendly dish so everyone’s pups and cats can feast alongside them.
- Write Thank You cards for everyone: Appreciating our family and friends is one of the most important things in life, but it is often overlooked. Most of the time, we take our loved ones for granted and forget to appreciate them. Since Thanksgiving is all about gratitude, why not give each other thank-you cards? It is a very good way to maintain a happy relationship.
- Play Truth or Dare: Interview your family with the quirkiest of questions, which may not be easy to answer. This way you will get to them to spill some beans about family secrets and know your family better.
Almost nine out of 10 Americans eat turkey on Thanksgiving, whether it's roasted, deep-fried, or cooked in any other way. However, it has more to do with how Americans celebrated the holiday in the late 1800s than it does with which bird the Pilgrims ate while celebrating their bounty in 1621
Due to elevated prices for food, rent, gasoline and other essentials, many people were being more selective, reluctant to spend unless there was a big sale
On 26 November 2008, the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, also remembered as 26/11, took place. The attacks consisted of eight separate terrorist attacks conducted by ten Lashkar-e-Taiba members