Uttar Pradesh: Two killed, 12 injured as fire breaks out in private hostel in Kanpur
Two persons were killed in a fire that broke out in a private hospital in Uttar Pradesh's Kanpur on Thursday
Kanpur: Two persons living in a private hostel were burnt alive while 13 others sustained serious burn injuries when a fire broke out in the building in Kanpur early Thursday morning.
According to police, fire broke out in the two-storeyed hostel building at around 3.30 am.
Fire tenders were able to bring the flames under control after nearly three hours.
The deceased have been identified as Ria Thakur (25), a beauty parlour owner, and her cousin Manish (24). Those with burn injuries were admitted to a hospital.
DIG, Kanpur Range, Sonia Singh said, "Prima facie it seems that the fire was caused due to a short circuit."
According to Circle Officer (CO), Kalyanpur, Rajneesh Verma, the hostel owner Baijnath and one of his sons KK Singh live in their native village, while his elder son Dharmendra lived in the hostel and carried out cable business.
"Ria Thakur (25) a beauty parlour owner and her cousin Manish (24) were burnt alive," Verma said.
Police said complaint was lodged by local residents, and investigations are on.
In the hostel-cum-residence 15 persons -- eight family members of Singh, five students of a coaching institute, a beauty parlour owner and one of her cousins who had come to visit her -- were present when the fire broke out.
A car and huge stock of electric cables kept in the underground store room were destroyed in the blaze.
The interaction will take place via video conferencing as the Election Commission of India has suspended all physical rallies till 22 January due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic
On 5 January, the Uttar Pradesh government had ordered to close all government and private schools for students up to Class 10 till 16 January
The last date to apply for these posts is 10 February and the last date for printing of completely submitted online application is 11 February