Two killed after gas cylinder explodes at slum cluster in Pune's Dalvinagar area; case registered

Two persons were killed in a fire mishap at a slum area in Pune in the wee hours of Thursday, a police official said. The blaze erupted after a gas cylinder exploded around 3 am in a shanty located at Dalvinagar in Pimpri Chinchwad area on the city's outskirts, he said.

Press Trust of India October 25, 2018 12:26:06 IST
Two killed after gas cylinder explodes at slum cluster in Pune's Dalvinagar area; case registered

Pune: Two persons were killed in a fire mishap at a slum area in Pune in the wee hours of Thursday, a police official said. The blaze erupted after a gas cylinder exploded around 3 am in a shanty located at Dalvinagar in Pimpri Chinchwad area on the city's outskirts, he said.

The fire spread rapidly and engulfed five other shanties in the neighbourhood, the official said. Two persons were killed in the mishap, while all other residents of the slum area immediately ran out of their houses to a safer place, he said.

Fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the blaze was extinguished, he said. The deceased were identified as Pradip Mote (38) and Shankar Kshirsagar (35), the official said, adding that a case was registered in connection with the incident.

Updated Date:

also read

Two coaches of Udhampur-Durg express catch fire near Morena in MP, no casualties reported
India

Two coaches of Udhampur-Durg express catch fire near Morena in MP, no casualties reported

The fire started in the A1 coach around 3.30 pm and spread to the A2 coach as the train was near Hetampur station. The train was halted immediately.

An orgy of violence, says Rotterdam mayor on police firing on rioters
World

An orgy of violence, says Rotterdam mayor on police firing on rioters

Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb said that on a number of occasions the police felt it necessary to draw their weapons to defend themselves

Fire breaks out in Parliament premises ahead of Day 3 of Winter Session
India

Fire breaks out in Parliament premises ahead of Day 3 of Winter Session

According to Delhi fire department, the fire broke out in Room number 59 of Parliament at around 8 am, however, the fire has been brought under control