Telangana CM K Chandrashekar Rao escapes unhurt after bag kept in his helicopter catches fire
A fire scare on the helicopter of Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao minutes before it was to take off in Karimnagar district
Hyderabad: A fire scare on the helicopter of Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao minutes before it was to take off in Karimnagar district set the alarm bells ringing on Tuesday, officials said.
Smoke was detected emanating from a bag carrying a communications battery kit inside the chopper and alert security personnel immediately picked it up and threw it out.
The incident occurred in Karimnagar, minutes before the chief minister was to leave for Adilabad district.
The Chief minister's son and Cabinet minister KT Rama Rao said he was safe.
"Just checked up with CMO team. All is well with Hon'ble CM and he is continuing his tour in Adilabad district", he tweeted.
Rajender was shunted out of the Telangana cabinet last month following complaints that firms owned by his family members grabbed assigned lands in the state
Candidates who are still interested and have not yet applied can register themselves at https://icet.tsche.ac.in without a late fee
Rajender, who held top portfolios in successive TRS governments, was shunted out of the cabinet over accusations related to land-grabbing