Raigad building collapse: Toll rises to 15, rescue operation ends after 33 hours
The authorities in Raigad district of Maharashtra called off the rescue operation at 11.30 am on Wednesday after all the missing persons were traced
Mumbai: With the recovery of two more bodies, the toll in the building collapse incident in Maharashtra's Raigad district reached 15 on Wednesday, a police official said.
There is no likelihood of any more people buried under the rubble, the official said.
"The bodies of a 70-year-old man and a 60-year-old woman were recovered in the early hours. This took the toll in the incident to 15," Superintendent of Police, Raigad, Anil Paraskar told PTI.
The five-storey building - Tareq Garden- in Mahad town, around 170 kms from Mumbai, collapsed on Monday evening.
The rescue teams comprising the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and police worked round-the-clock to save those stuck under the debris.
The authorities called off the rescue operation around 11.30 am on Wednesday as all the missing persons were traced, PTI reported quoting an official.
On Tuesday, a four-year-old boy and a 60-year-old woman had been rescued.
Seven persons were dead and 17 others injured after Honzar village in Dacchan tehsil was hit by flash floods triggered by the cloudburst in the early hours of 28 July, that damaged 21 houses, 21 cowsheds, a ration depot, a bridge and a mosque.
Madhya Pradesh floods: 1,171 villages hit by deluge; Indian Army called in for rescue ops in 4 districts
Three people stranded on a tree for about 24 hours and five others were rescued from flood-hit Shivpuri district on Tuesday following "unprecedented heavy rains", as per officials
The NDRF is conducting rescue efforts in landslide-affected Taliye in Raigad, Porase in Ratnagiri and Mirgaon, Ambeghar and Dhokawale in Satara district