Raghubar Das exudes confidence in Jharkhand Police to end naxalism by December, says 2018 will be crime-free

Jharkhand chief minister Raghubar Das on said that the state would be free from the menace of naxalism by the beginning of 2018.

PTI November 25, 2017 21:41:11 IST
Raghubar Das exudes confidence in Jharkhand Police to end naxalism by December, says 2018 will be crime-free

Kolkata: Jharkhand chief minister Raghubar Das on said that the state would be free from the menace of naxalism by the beginning of 2018.

He was speaking at the India Today Conclave East. For any state to prosper, peace is the most important thing and any government's priority is to provide security to its masses, the chief minister said.

Raghubar Das exudes confidence in Jharkhand Police to end naxalism by December says 2018 will be crimefree

File image of Jharkhand chief minister Raghubar Das. PTI

"In last three years we have taken steps in this regard. More than 70 percent of naxalism has ended in Jharkhand. The remaining 30 percent will come to an end by the end of December," Das said.

"There are some naxal leaders who are hiding in Buda Pahar. Our police personnel have been countering them and I have full faith on the police that by December end, we will be able to complete the operation and put an end on naxalite terror. From the beginning of 2018 the state will be free from (naxal) insurgency and crime," he said.

Das said that several Maoists have surrendered after the state introduced an attractive surrender policy.

"We have also cracked on naxal sympathisers in our villages and our cities by attaching their properties," the Jharkhand chief minister said.

Das said he is confident about the victory of the BJP in the upcoming Gujarat elections as the people of that state have made up their mind to give a befitting reply to the Congress.

Updated Date:

also read

High time Karnataka brings in new population policy, says BJP leader CT Ravi
India

High time Karnataka brings in new population policy, says BJP leader CT Ravi

The BJP national general secretary said that Karnataka must also think about bringing a policy to control population like Uttar Pradesh and Assam

Gujarat govt extends night curfew in eight cities till 1 August
India

Gujarat govt extends night curfew in eight cities till 1 August

Water parks and swimming pools can operate at 60 percent capacity from 20 July, but their staff must get at least the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by 31 July

Congress' RS MP seeks probe into nationality of MoS Home Nisith Pramanik; TMC joins row
India

Congress' RS MP seeks probe into nationality of MoS Home Nisith Pramanik; TMC joins row

Congress MP Ripun Bora claimed that the union minister's birthplace was Harinathpur in Gaibandha district of Bangladesh and he reportedly came to West Bengal for computer studies