Over 115 people suffer food poisoning in West Bengal's Nadia, after eating contaminated 'prasad'

Krishnagar (West Bengal): Altogether 115 people were taken ill after eating prasad of a puja at a house in Nakashipara block in Nadia district of West Bengal, officials said on Saturday.

Representational image of West Bengal police. Reuters

Representational image of West Bengal police. Reuters

The puja was organised at the house of one Sailendra Singh Roy at Dogachhi-Tegharia and local villagers were invited on Friday.

After taking the prasad, they fell ill within hours, Nakashipara BDO Samar Dutta said.

About 50 people, including children and women, were hospitalised on Saturday, he said adding that family members of the host too were admitted to hospital.

Tapash Roy, CMOH, Nadia said,"Our health team rushed to the spot on Saturday morning and set up a camp at the area to
treat the patients."

The symptoms of the patients were loose motion, nausea, head ache, stomach pain and fever, villagers said.


Updated Date: Jun 10, 2017 16:38 PM

Also Watch

Social Media Star: Abhishek Bachchan, Varun Grover reveal how they handle selfies, trolls and broccoli
  • Monday, July 16, 2018 It's a Wrap: Soorma star Diljit Dosanjh and Hockey legend Sandeep Singh in conversation with Parul Sharma
  • Monday, July 16, 2018 Watch: Dalit man in Uttar Pradesh defies decades of prejudice by taking out baraat in Thakur-dominated Nizampur village
  • Monday, July 16, 2018 India's water crisis: After govt apathy, Odisha farmer carves out 3-km canal from hills to tackle scarcity in village
  • Sunday, July 15, 2018 Maurizio Sarri, named as new Chelsea manager, is owner Roman Abramovich's latest gamble in quest for 'perfect football'

Also See