One infant killed in fire at building in Bandra; MLA Ashish Shelar says BMC should probe incident
A 1.5-year-old child lost her life and another was critically injured when a fire broke out in a Bandra West building on Monday. Locals in the area said the fire started from the pump room of the building where the two children were sleeping.
A one-and-a-half year old child lost her life and another was critically injured when a fire broke out in a Bandra West building on Monday. Locals said the fire started from the pump room of the building where the two children were sleeping.
The injured child, four-year-old Uma Shankarbahadur Dhanu, has been admitted to the ICU of Holy Family Hospital. According to The Times of India, MLA Ashish Shelar visited the spot and said that it was a 'tragic incident'. He has assured that all arrangements were being made to ensure to save the injured child. Later, the MLA tweeted about the visit.
Bandra near kantwadi turner rd Shoaib manzil fire- Fire occured in staff room of bldg - Prima facie appears 2 b an illegal stucture! Visited spot & hospital !Ask BMC 4 imm enquiry n criminal FIR , guilty shd b punished 4 loss of young girls life! pic.twitter.com/VJhQYKqTPv
— ashish shelar (@ShelarAshish) January 22, 2018
The pump room was being used for the residential purpose of the watchman. Since using a pump room for residential purposes is illegal, a Nominated Officer has been asked to lodge a police complaint against office bearers of the society.
Mumbai has seen several incidents of fires in the recent past. On Monday, a massive fire had broken out in an industrial area in suburban Andheri, leaving two firemen injured and gutting a part of the premises, a fire brigade official said. The fire brigade got a call around 1.16 am about the blaze in a ground-plus-one-floor structure in the Mistry Industrial Estate area near Marol, he said.
The flames spread over the electrical wiring and other installations, and gutted a part of the industrial area, he said.
With inputs from Sanjay Sawant and PTI
A medical certificate stating that the person to be vaccinated will remain bed-ridden for at least the next six months is required to be submitted to the administration along with the consent of that person or a relative.
A sub-adult leopard cub which entered a residential complex in Marol in Mumbai's Andheri suburb was Monday rescued by forest department staff, an official said
A scrap dealer was seriously injured after two unidentified men shot at him in Marol area in Mumbai's Andheri suburb, police said on Saturday.