'No one killed Sohrabuddin and Justice Loya, they just died': Rahul Gandhi reacts to acquittal of 22 accused by special CBI court
A day after 22 accused in gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case were acquitted by a special CBI court, Congress president Rahul Gandhi Saturday said 'no one killed him' and he 'just died'.
New Delhi: A day after 22 accused in gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case were acquitted by a special CBI court, Congress president Rahul Gandhi Saturday said "no one killed him" and he "just died".
All 22 accused in the alleged fake encounter killings of gangster Sohrabuddin Shaikh, his wife Kausar Bi and his aide Tulsi Prajapati were acquitted Friday by a special CBI court because of insufficient evidence, even as it expressed sorrow over the loss of "three lives." He also highlighted the deaths of others like Haren Pandya, Kauser Bi and Justice Loya, saying "they just died".
"NO ONE KILLED... Haren Pandya. Tulsiram Prajapati. Justice Loya. Prakash Thombre. Shrikant Khandalkar. Kauser Bi. Sohrabuddin Shiekh. THEY JUST DIED,” Rahul said on Twitter.
As the Congress chief sought to question the Sohrabuddin Sheikh case judgement, he was trolled by many on the Twitter.
While Rahul 's tweet received over 20,000 likes, he was also trolled by a few thousand, who took a dig at him highlighting the killings of Sikhs in Delhi in the 1984 anti-sikh riots and Kashmiri pundits, saying "no one killed them" and "they just died". The trolls also made a mention of the death of some Congress leaders in the past, besides farmers and Tamils, among others.
Rahul Gandhi in Singapore deplores 'politics of dividing people', says there is 'general atmosphere of intimidation
Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said there is a general atmosphere of "intimidation" in India where there is politics of dividing people and using their anger to win elections
Sohrabuddin, an alleged gangster who the police said had terror connections, and his wife Kausar Bi were allegedly abducted and killed by a team of Gujarat and Rajasthan police in December 2005.
Aggrieved by the Mumbai-based special CBI court's orders granting discharge to eight accused in the Sohrabuddin Shaikh fake encounter case so far, his brother today said the central agency had conducted an incomplete probe, and he would be moving the High Court.