Jat quota stir: Haryana announces upto 25% relief for property loss

Chandigarh: Haryana government on Wednesday announced that on the basis of self-assessment of the damage, those who suffered property loss during Jat quota agitation could claim upto 25 per cent as interim relief immediately.

According to an official spokesman, the state government announced to give an interim or part assistance immediately to those who would submit their details on a prescribed proforma on the basis of self-assessment of the damage caused to their properties in the Jat agitation. "An applicant can claim upto 25 per cent as an interim relief," he said.

The spokesman informed that the government had made available a proforma for claiming compensation at the earliest. The proforma has been made available on the website of Urban Local Bodies Department. It is also available in the offices of Deputy Commissioner, Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), Tehsildar and Municipalities.

Jat quota stir: Haryana announces upto 25% relief for property loss

Members of the community demonstrating protest. PTI

Claimants are required to provide details such as name, Aadhaar number, bank account number along with RTGS/NEFT
code, address, electricity account number, if meter is installed, date of natural disaster, fire or law and order disturbance, and whether the damage is covered by an insurance policy, he said. Other details to be provided include category of property damaged and extent of damage.

Under the extent of damage, claimants are required to fill details of estimated cost of repairing the damage caused to building, both commercial and residential. They have also been asked to fill up estimated loss of the items suffered by them, he said. The enclosures to be attached include copy of First Information Report (FIR) or DD entry, item-wise photographs of the damaged property, proof of ownership of residential or commercial property or tenancy. In case of unavailability of Aadhaar number, the claimants could enclose copy of voter ID card, driving license and PAN card, the spokesperson said.

However, the affected persons should submit the completed proforma at the earliest to any of the offices of the Sub Divisional Magistrate, Tehsildar and Municipality who would also assist in filling up the proforma, if required. In case of difficulty, the claimants could also contact the office of the Deputy Commissioner, he added.

Haryana government on Tuesday had directed general insurance companies to disburse insurance claims within 15 days to those whose property got damaged because of arson, violence incidents during the Jat agitation.


Firstpost is now on WhatsApp. For the latest analysis, commentary and news updates, sign up for our WhatsApp services. Just go to Firstpost.com/Whatsapp and hit the Subscribe button.

Updated Date: Feb 24, 2016 19:42:54 IST