Fire erupts near COVID-19 care centre in Maharashtra's Beed district, none hurt
The blaze continued for about 20 minutes and was brought under control by a team called from Ambejogai city, an official said
Aurangabad: A fire erupted close to a COVID Care Centre in Ambejogai tehsil of Maharashtra's Beed district on Thursday, although it did not affect the facility and the patients undergoing treatment there, an official said.
The incident occurred around 11 am in Lokhandi Sawargaon, he said.
"Dry leaves and grass accumulated near the COVID Care Centre caught fire due to sparks in electricity lines passing nearby. The blaze continued for about 20 minutes and some trees also got damaged due to it. It was brought under control by a team called from Ambejogai city," an official from the state health department told PTI.
The place where the fire erupted is a little away from the facility, where 34 coronavirus patients are undergoing treatment, he said.
"The geriatric care building is also close-by, but that place and 36 patients being treated there are completely safe," the official said.
As per official data, a total of 244 boys and 228 girls have been infected from 1 to 26 March
'Why so few vaccines?': Maharashtra health minister Rajesh Tope accuses Centre of 'discrimination' over jab supply
Maharashtra health minister Rajesh Tope also said he has raised the "issue of vaccine discrimination" towards Maharashtra with Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan, who has assured him that corrections will be made soon
While the rebound this year will be stronger than expected, WTO's growth forecast states it could slow to 4 percent in 2022.