Fire breaks out inside locked flat of Worli residential building; short-circuit may be cause

A fire broke out at a locked flat in Himalaya Building located at RJ Thadani Marg in Mumbai's Worli area on Sunday afternoon. No one was hurt in the blaze, which reportedly broke out on the fifth floor of the 10-storeyed residential building at around 4:50 pm, PTI reported.

According to the report, a short circuit could have caused the fire.

ANI reported that the fire was under control and that the cooling process was underway.

Chief fire officer PS Rahangdale told The Hindustan Times that the fire was confined to electric wing, electric installation and household articles in the locked flat.

Five water tankers and at least eight fire tenders were rushed the spot soon after. Fire fighting operations at the flat are still on.

With inputs from agencies


Updated Date: Jul 09, 2017 19:06 PM

Also Watch

Social Media Star: Abhishek Bachchan, Varun Grover reveal how they handle selfies, trolls and broccoli
  • Monday, July 16, 2018 It's a Wrap: Soorma star Diljit Dosanjh and Hockey legend Sandeep Singh in conversation with Parul Sharma
  • Monday, July 16, 2018 Watch: Dalit man in Uttar Pradesh defies decades of prejudice by taking out baraat in Thakur-dominated Nizampur village
  • Monday, July 16, 2018 India's water crisis: After govt apathy, Odisha farmer carves out 3-km canal from hills to tackle scarcity in village
  • Sunday, July 15, 2018 Maurizio Sarri, named as new Chelsea manager, is owner Roman Abramovich's latest gamble in quest for 'perfect football'

Also See