What to do to reduce the effect of air pollution:
1) Drink more water to flush out toxins and harmful particles from the body. Incorporate fruits like lemon, gooseberries, oranges, etc in your diet to make it rich with Vitamin C content. Citrus fruits can help boost your immunity and reduce the overall effects of air pollution on your body.
2) Inculcate the habit of carpooling with friends and colleagues or people travelling on the same route to reduce the number of vehicles on the road.
3) Get your home a few air-purifying plants like tulsi, aloe vera, money plant, spider plants etc. These help in clearing the air of carcinogens (cancer-causing agent) including benzene and formaldehyde.
4) It is advised that a person covers their face, wears bandanas, glasses, hand gloves and focuses on protective clothing before heading out in open.
5) Children, elderly people and those who are more prone to allergies are recommended to get ‘flu shots’