Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) released the admit card for JEE Main 2018 on 12 March. Students, who have applied for the entrance test, must log in and download their admit card to be able to appear for the entrance exam which is scheduled to be held on 8, 15 and 16 April, 2018. Since the admit card of JEE Main 2018 is an important identity document, candidates need to ensure the details are right and have a copy till admissions are complete.
JEE Main will be held in across 258 exam cities on 8 April (written exam) and on 15 and 16 April as a computer-based test. About 12 lakh candidates usually appear for the entrance exam which is the gateway to admissions at the NITs, IIITs and CFTIS as well as a screening test for the JEE Advanced that will lead to admissions at the IITs. JEE Main Result will be announced on 30 April. Considering that the JEE Main admit card is the identity of any applicant, the guidelines that need to be followed by students with regard to it can be checked below.
JEE Main Admit Card Download Procedure
- Login to the official website.
- Use the "Download Admit Card" link to access the admit card
- Enter the JEE Main application number and date of birth as entered in the application form
Important Instructions to follow
- Download the JEE Main admit card.
- Go through all details carefully. Check whether the spellings and other details like category and such are correct as per the JEE Main application form
- In case of any discrepancy, email email@example.com with a copy of the JEE Main acknowledgement form and admit card and details of the discrepancy.
What are the details mentioned in the admit card?
- Name of candidate
- Paper appearing for
- Date of Birth of candidate
- Gender of candidate
- Test Centre allotted with address
- State Code of Eligibility of candidate
- Category of candidates
Important JEE Main Exam Guidelines
- Candidates need to use a black ball point pen in case of pen and paper exam. This will be provided by the authorities at the exam hall. Candidates need not carry this.
- Watches of any type will not be allowed in the exam hall so candidates are advised to refrain from wearing or carrying any.
- It is advisable to visit the exam centre one day before the exam to know the location and layout and plan the exam day arrival accordingly.
- For JEE Main Paper I the reporting time is 7 am and 12:45 pm for Paper II. Candidates will not be allowed inside once the exam commences.
- Candidates will be required to furnish their admit card failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- The Admit Card is the identity of the candidates and it has to be kept safe as it needs to be submitted during admissions.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam hall before the test ends and only after handing over the Answer Sheet to the Invigilator.
- It is advisable that candidates check that number of pages written on the top of the cover page match the number of pages in the JEE Main Test Booklet.
- Electronic devices/Cellular phone/Mobile/Pager/Calculator/Log Tables/copying material/books/notebooks/bits of paper will be debarred from writing the exam. Hence candidates are advised from carrying any to the exam hall.
- Silence has to be maintained in the exam hall and candidates should refrain from talking to each other.
- The Test Booklet will be checked for missing pages and candidates will be debarred in case missing pages are found in their booklets.
- All instructions given in the exam hall must be followed without any arguments.
- All candidates appearing for the pen & paper must handover the Answer Sheet to the invigilator after they complete their exam and take away the Test Booklet only.
- Candidates appearing for JEE Main Paper II must bring their own Geometry Box Set, Pencils, Erasers and Colour pencils or Crayons. Water colours are not allowed.
-Physically Challenged (PwD) candidates must carry a copy of the disability certificate to the exam centre along with their admit card.
Have any queries or doubts? Head over to our Q&A section and post them for answers. All the Best!
Firstpost is now on WhatsApp. For the latest analysis, commentary and news updates, sign up for our WhatsApp services. Just go to Firstpost.com/Whatsapp and hit the Subscribe button.
Updated Date: Mar 13, 2018 08:20:38 IST