Sponsored by

Bulandshahr violence: Four accused found not guilty, proceedings underway to release them from custody, says police

Bulandshahr: Four people, who were arrested for their involvement in connection to the violence that took place in Uttar Pradesh's Bulandshahr earlier this month, have been found non-guilty, police said on Thursday.

 Bulandshahr violence: Four accused found not guilty, proceedings underway to release them from custody, says police

Representational image. Reuters

Speaking to ANI, Atul Srivastava Superintendent of Police, stated, "Earlier we conducted an investigation on 24 people out of which four were arrested. But, after digging in the deep, we have found that these arrested ones are innocent. Yesterday, we have arrested three men who are believed to be the main accused in the case."

Police proceedings are underway to release the innocents from the prison, he added.

This development has come to light after a total of 17 people were put behind bars on Monday while an accused had surrendered in connection with the case. The accused were arrested under sections 147, 148, 149, 124 A, 332, 333, 353, 341, 336, 307, 302, 427, 436, 395 of the Indian Penal Code.

On 3 December, sub-inspector Subodh Kumar Singh and a youth named Sumit died in the violence which erupted after the carcasses of 25 cattle were found in forests close to a police post. The locals had alleged that the carcasses found were of cows which were slaughtered illegally.

According to sources, the post-mortem examination conducted on Singh had confirmed gunshot injury on his head.

Your guide to the latest election news, analysis, commentary, live updates and schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on firstpost.com/elections. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram or like our Facebook page for updates from all 543 constituencies for the upcoming general elections.

Updated Date: Dec 20, 2018 12:05:38 IST

Also See