Bengaluru: Three sanitation workers died due to asphyxiation while cleaning a sewage treatment plant at an apartment, police said.
The three were struck by some poisonous gas in a tank of the plant at the apartment in Somasundarapalya, they said.
One of the men first entered the tank and raised an alarm.
The other two rushed to his rescue, but they too met with the same fate.
On information, police rushed and retrieved the bodies of the three workers.
Bengaluru development minister K J George, Mayor R Sampath Raj and civic body BBMP commissioner N Manjunath Prasad visited the spot.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, South East Bengaluru, Boralingaiah said a case had been registered against the apartment owners’ association who hired the three sanitation workers to clean the tank.
Your guide to the latest election news, analysis, commentary, live updates and schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on firstpost.com/elections. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram or like our Facebook page for updates from all 543 constituencies for the upcoming general elections.
Updated Date: Jan 07, 2018 22:39:33 IST