At least 16 injured at Mumbai's Lalbaug as cylinder blast causes fire in residential building
The condition of four people, including a minor girl and a woman, is reported to be critical as they received 70 percent to 95 percent burns, a fire official said
Mumbai: Sixteen people were injured in a fire that broke out after a cylinder blast in a ground-plus- four-floor residential building in the Lalbaug area of Mumbai on Sunday morning, officials said.
The condition of four people, including a minor girl and a woman, is reported to be critical as they received 70 percent to 95 percent burns, a fire official said.
The blaze erupted around 7.20 am on the second floor of the Sarabhai building in Ganesh Galli locality, he said.
"There was a cylinder blast after gas leakage. The wall of a room collapsed after the blast," Mumbai Mayor Kishori Pednedkar told PTI.
"I personally visited the spot. The condition of a minor girl is stated to be critical and she is referred to Masina Hospital (at Byculla in south Mumbai)," she said.
The blast led to a fire in the premises, injuring 16 people, a fire official said.
The injured persons have been taken to KEM Hospital and Global Hospital in the Parel area and other medical facilities, the official said.
It was a 'level-one' (minor) fire. Two water tankers were rushed to the spot and the blaze was brought under control by around 7.50 am, he said.
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.
Major fire breaks out in Mumbai's Vile Parle; several people feared trapped in building, rescue operation underway
A major fire broke out in a residential building in suburban Vile Parle in Mumbai on Sunday night trapping many people inside.
Fire breaks out at residential building in Mumbai's Malabar Hill; eight rescued so far, no casualties reported
A fire broke out on Wednesday evening on the fifth floor of a 15-storey residential building in the posh Malabar Hill area in south Mumbai
One dead after fire breaks out in Kothari House in Mumbai's Charni Road area; wooden staircase, electrical installations gutted in blaze
A fire broke out in the evening on Sunday in a building in south Mumbai's Charni Road area and eight fire engines were rushed for firefighting operations, an official said.