Madhepura, Bihar: Around 100 people including at least ten children were taken ill after consuming 'prasad' at Sahugarh Janki village under Sadar police station of Bihar's Madhepura district on Monday.
District Magistrate Mohammad Sohail said all those who took the 'prasad' complained of nausea, vomiting and stomach ache, and have been admitted to the Sadar hospital for treatment. They were out of danger, he said.
Sohail said the incident could have been due to food poisoning. Local residents had observed eight day 'Ashtyam' puja and people had taken 'prasad', which was offered on the first day of the puja that led to the incident.
Firstpost is now on WhatsApp. For the latest analysis, commentary and news updates, sign up for our WhatsApp services. Just go to Firstpost.com/Whatsapp and hit the Subscribe button.
Updated Date: Feb 15, 2016 17:44:22 IST