Around 100 people fall ill after consuming 'prasad' in Bihar

Madhepura, Bihar: Around 100 people including at least ten children were taken ill after consuming 'prasad' at Sahugarh Janki village under Sadar police station of Bihar's Madhepura district on Monday.

Representational image. AFP

Representational image. AFP

District Magistrate Mohammad Sohail said all those who took the 'prasad' complained of nausea, vomiting and stomach ache, and have been admitted to the Sadar hospital for treatment. They were out of danger, he said.

Sohail said the incident could have been due to food poisoning. Local residents had observed eight day 'Ashtyam' puja and people had taken 'prasad', which was offered on the first day of the puja that led to the incident.

PTI 


Updated Date: Feb 15, 2016 17:44 PM

Also Watch

Social Media Star: Abhishek Bachchan, Varun Grover reveal how they handle selfies, trolls and broccoli
  • Monday, July 16, 2018 It's a Wrap: Soorma star Diljit Dosanjh and Hockey legend Sandeep Singh in conversation with Parul Sharma
  • Monday, July 16, 2018 Watch: Dalit man in Uttar Pradesh defies decades of prejudice by taking out baraat in Thakur-dominated Nizampur village
  • Monday, July 16, 2018 India's water crisis: After govt apathy, Odisha farmer carves out 3-km canal from hills to tackle scarcity in village
  • Sunday, July 15, 2018 Maurizio Sarri, named as new Chelsea manager, is owner Roman Abramovich's latest gamble in quest for 'perfect football'

Also See