New Delhi: Indian Army had used artillery guns to destroy four Pakistani posts in a massive assault across the Line of Control (LoC) in Keran sector of north Kashmir's Kupwara district last month, government sources said on Friday.
This is the first time the government sources have confirmed that artillery fire was indeed used by the Army to
launch a massive assault against Pakistan, something which was always suspected.
It is the first case of artillery fire at the LoC since the 2003 ceasefire agreement was signed between the two
They said artillery guns were stealthy moved up and used in straight fire position to raze four positions of Pakistan Army to avenge the mutilation of an Indian Army jawan's body by some suspected militants a few days ago.
Violating ceasefire, Pakistan had been firing 120 mm heavy mortars to target Indian civilian areas, to which India had responded strongly.
Defence sources said while ceasefire violations by Pakistan was a regular feature "the intensity had never been
so hard in the recent past."
Meanwhile, on the One Rank One Pension issue, sources said that 95 percent of the cases have been "satisfactorily" resolved.
Documents of around 96,000 ex-servicemen were missing, due to which the payment for some has been delayed, they said, adding remaining cases would be resolved in two months time.
Updated Date: Nov 04, 2016 22:15 PM