4-year-old Nashik girl dies after accidentally swallowing ten rupee coin while playing with it

Nashik: A four-year-old girl died after accidentally swallowing a ten rupee coin in Chandgiri locality in the city on Monday morning, police said.

After Shalini Handge (4), the girl, demanded something to eat, her mother gave her a ten rupee coin and asked her to buy something from a nearby shop, said PR Dhokane, in-charge, Nashik Road police station.

Representational image. News18

Representational image. News18

The girl, while playing with the coin, swallowed it accidentally, he said.

Her parents first rushed her to a local hospital and then to a super-specialty hospital, but she died during treatment, the officer said.

The police have registered a case of accidental death.


Updated Date: Feb 05, 2018 16:01 PM

Also Watch

It's A Wrap: Omerta star Rajkummar Rao in conversation with Parul Sharma
  • Thursday, April 26, 2018 In the Kanjarbhat community, a campaign against 'virginity tests' is slowly gaining ground
  • Thursday, April 19, 2018 Watch: National-level skater and coach Dhwanit Rele trains and nurtures budding athletes
  • Monday, May 14, 2018 FOMO Episode 1: Google Assistant, This is America, Sonam's wedding & Global Warming
  • Saturday, May 19, 2018 Social Media Star: Rajkummar Rao and Bhuvan Bam open up about selfie culture, online trolls

Also See