4 workers found dead inside Hyderabad manhole after inhaling poisonous gas

Hyderabad: Four persons including three sanitary workers were on Sunday found dead in a manhole in Ayyappa society in Madhapur area with the civic officials suspecting that the toxic gases caused their deaths.

File image of Hyderabad police. AP

File image of Hyderabad police. AP

An employee of 108 Ambulance service, who tried to rescue them fell ill after inhaling the poisonous gas, said R Kalinga Rao, Madhapur Police Inspector. "The workers were cleaning the manhole. As three of them did not come out after entering, a local resident named Srinivas also climbed down to rescue them but he too did not come out," the police official said.

All four were found dead inside the manhole and their bodies were sent for post-mortem, Rao added. A Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation official said these four persons might have died due to inhaling poisonous gases.

Deputy Mayor Fasiuddin and civic body officials rushed to the spot. The 108 employee was rushed to hospital, Kalinga Rao said adding police are yet to register a case in this regard.


Updated Date: Aug 14, 2016 14:15 PM

Also Watch

Watch: The true stories from Dharavi that inspired Rajinikanth's Kaala
  • Thursday, March 8, 2018 Watch: Cyrus Khan talks about Parkour, jumping across walls and why he hates sitting
  • Thursday, May 31, 2018 Unwind: India's basketball sensation Amjyot Singh has his eyes set on becoming an NBA regular
  • Monday, May 28, 2018 First Day First Showsha — Review of Solo: A Star Wars Story in 10 questions
  • Saturday, May 19, 2018 Social Media Star: Rajkummar Rao and Bhuvan Bam open up about selfie culture, online trolls