Neil deGrasse Tyson's StarTalk kept on hold until Nat Geo, Fox complete sexual misconduct investigations

The Associated Press

Jan 04, 2019 11:44:33 IST

Los Angeles: The current season of Neil deGrasse Tyson’s StarTalk series is on hold amid sexual misconduct claims against the prominent astrophysicist.

The National Geographic channel said Thursday new episodes of the science-based talk show won’t air until an investigation involving Tyson is completed, which could be within the next few weeks.

Neil deGrasse Tysons StarTalk kept on hold until Nat Geo, Fox complete sexual misconduct investigations

Neil deGrasse Tyson. Image from Facebook

Late last November, National Geographic Networks and Fox said they would examine claims that Tyson behaved in a sexually inappropriate manner toward two women.

Neil deGrasse Tyson was host of Cosmos: Possible Worlds on Fox in 2014. A new edition of the series was set to air in March on the network and on National Geographic.

He has denied an accusation that he groped a woman and denied making sexual advances toward a production assistant at his home. Tyson apologized for making the assistant feel uncomfortable.

He has said he will cooperate fully with an “impartial investigation.”

StarTalk began its fifth season Nov. 12, with a handful of episodes aired before the show was put on hold. Guests for the previously announced 20 episodes include former Vice President Al Gore, writer George R.R. Martin and actors Jack Black and Jeff Goldblum.

A representative for Tyson did not immediately respond to a request for comment Thursday regarding the StarTalk hiatus.

Updated Date: Jan 04, 2019 11:44:33 IST

Your guide to the latest election news, analysis, commentary, live updates and schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on firstpost.com/elections. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram or like our Facebook page for updates from all 543 constituencies for the upcoming general elections.