Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan starrer Thugs of Hindostan set for Diwali 2018 release

It has finally been confirmed that Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir Khan will be coming together in upcoming Yash Raj film Thug.

FP Staff September 07, 2016 14:25:17 IST
Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan starrer Thugs of Hindostan set for Diwali 2018 release

Thugs of Hindostan, for which Yash Raj Films (YRF) has managed a casting coup with megastar Amitabh Bachchan and superstar Aamir Khan, is set for a Diwali 2018 release. Fireworks are likely at the box office.

YRF is bringing the two stars together on the big screen for the first time.

Vijay Krishna Acharya (Victor), the writer-director of Dhoom: 3, is teaming up once again with Aamir for the film, a statement said.

On Wednesday Aamir Khan shared his excitement to work with Amitabh Bachchan on Facebook.

The leading lady of the film is yet to be announced.

Reports had earlier suggested that Hrithik Roshan had walked out of the film. Now it seems that Khan has replaced Roshan for the role.

Confirming the news Bachchan said to an entertainment portal, "It’s a great honour and privilege to be working with Aamir and to be working with Yash Raj again and also to work with Victor, I just look forward to that moment.”

A SpotBoyE report suggests that the film will also feature Jackie Shroff in an important role.

Said to be based on the novel Confession of A Thug written by Philip Meadows Taylor, the film was earlier titled Thug. The shooting for the film will begin only next year.

With inputs from IANS

Updated Date:

Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.

also read

Mirzapur renewed for season 3 by Amazon Prime Video India
Entertainment

Mirzapur renewed for season 3 by Amazon Prime Video India

Mirzapur season 2, which debuted on Amazon Prime Video on 23 October, became the most-watched show on the platform in India within seven days of its release.

Wipeout contestant passes away after completing obstacle course on game show
Entertainment

Wipeout contestant passes away after completing obstacle course on game show

Two people close to the production said the man had completed the course, after which he needed medical attention. He was declared dead on arrival at the hospital.

Disney reports fourth-quarter loss due to theme park closures, streaming service restructuring
Entertainment

Disney reports fourth-quarter loss due to theme park closures, streaming service restructuring

Beyond the closure of California theme parks, Disney also suffered “significant disruption” in the production and availability of programming material due to the #coronavirus pandemic.