Sybase Enhances Offerings For The Mobile Workforce
Sybase extends leadership in delivering mobile enterprise applications.
Sybase has announced the latest version of Sybase Unwired Platform that will enable enterprise developers to simply and quickly build applications that connect business data from more sources, including SAP applications, to mobile workers on any device.
Sybase Unwired Platform provides a flexible, integrated infrastructure that reduces the complexity of developing and deploying mobile applications for all major device types, including iPhone and iPad, RIM BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Windows, and Symbian, with Android support to follow.
"Sybase Unwired Platform enables enterprises to transform the way they operate by providing employees with anywhere, anytime access to business critical applications," said Gary Kovacs, Senior Vice President, Markets, Solutions and Products, Sybase. "Unlike tactical or point mobile application solutions, the latest platform release is a comprehensive end-to-end infrastructure that enables enterprises to empower their employees and connect to their customers in new and innovative ways leveraging mobile."
The Sybase Unwired Platform provides key benefits to the mobile enterprise, including:
- Simplified Mobility - Reduces complexity of developing and deploying mobile applications with a comprehensive, integrated infrastructure
- Empowered IT - Quickly offers innovative applications for task and knowledge workers who need mobile access to enterprise information.
- Integrated Processes – Provides out-of-box tools and services that easily integrate with existing enterprise infrastructure, business processes and enterprise applications
- Lower total cost of ownership – Simplifies and accelerates creation of business process mobilisation and integration without need for development resources.
- Fast reaction to changing business needs - Significantly accelerates deployment of mobilised business processes.
Banking and securities, and communications, media and services will experience the greatest growth through 2014.
Complexities of moving from a cost-cutting to an entrepreneurial mind-set organisation revealed by Gertner.
Gartner has identified 10 major forces that are actively reshaping the future of IT services and the outsourcing market.