SAP Steps Up Focus On Business Analytics
SAP has launched 10 new applications that are designed to work with structured or unstructured data from any SAP or non-SAP system.
SAP has announced a new approach to business analytics designed to provide people across organisations with critical, industry-specific information wherever and however they want to use it. The company launched SAP BusinessObjects analytic applications, a family of solutions tailored to address today's challenges in specific industries and lines of business.
The applications facilitate better business decision-making by knowledge workers, providing the insight and best practices required to better understand risk, uncover opportunities and make the right decisions to optimise business.
SAP has launched 10 new applications that can be deployed and are designed to work with structured or unstructured data from any SAP or non-SAP system. The initial industries covered by SAP BusinessObjects analytic applications include healthcare, consumer products, public sector, financial services, retail and telecommunications. The solutions provide customers with both the insight and context they need to help their organisations succeed.
The new applications include:
- SAP BusinessObjects On-Shelf Availability Analysis
- SAP BusinessObjects Trade Promotion Effectiveness
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Risk Reporting for Banking
- SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation for Banking
- SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation for Healthcare
- SAP BusinessObjects Quality Management for Healthcare
- SAP BusinessObjects Sales Analysis for Retail
- SAP BusinessObjects Customer Analysis and Retention for Telecommunications
- SAP BusinessObjects Readiness Assessment for Defense & Security
- SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation for Public Sector
To further address individual customer requirements and accelerate deployment, SAP Services is offering an array of specially designed implementation services and customised predictive analytics services.
"With the innovation only SAP can deliver, we can empower today's knowledge workers to make faster, more informed business decisions based on what is happening in their companies in real time," said Bill McDermott, Co-CEO, SAP. "From the CEO all the way to the shop floor, the power of effective decision-making, when duplicated across hundreds if not thousands of employees, adds up to significant value for companies through speed, agility and changed behaviors. Co-developed with customers, SAP BusinessObjects analytic applications are available today, easy to implement on any system SAP and non-SAP and provide instant value to any organisation."
The new application automates regulatory compliance across numerous trade processes such as logistics and order fulfillment, helping customers to identify and mitigate supply chain risk easily.