Nuance Introduces Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10
As most people speak at least three times faster than they type, Dragon makes it possible to get things done more quickly by voice than by relying on keyboards and mice alone.
Nuance Communications, a provider of speech solutions, has unveiled the Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 software, a new release of its speech recognition software. With Dragon, people can write documents and emails, search the Web, and even control their PC entirely by voice, saving time and boosting productivity. As most people speak at least three times faster than they type, Dragon makes it possible to get things done more quickly by voice than by relying on keyboards and mice alone. Dragon 10 is nearly twice as fast as the previous release and can deliver accuracy up to 99 percent, while avoiding spelling mistakes.
The new release of Dragon introduces features that promise to help anyone get more done, faster:
- Improved Accuracy: Improvements to the Dragon NaturallySpeaking recognition system have yielded an accuracy improvement of up to 20 percent over the previous release, resulting in speech recognition accuracy levels as high as 99 percent. In fact, the product actually learns from corrections over time, making speech a more natural and satisfying experience. And, perhaps best of all, Dragon avoids all spelling errors.
- Dragon Voice Shortcuts: New Dragon Voice Shortcuts collapse common multi-step tasks into direct voice commands. Now you can send e-mails and schedule meetings, search the Web for information, products, news and more, or search your desktop faster than ever by saying what you want.
- Quick Voice Formatting: Quick Voice Formatting commands allow users to issue a single voice command, such as 'Bold Quick Voice Formatting' to make formatting text faster and simpler. In addition, an extensive set of natural language commands means users don’t have to memorise complex instructions. In Microsoft Word, for example, a user can say ‘make that bigger,’ and the font size increases instantly.
- Speed: With Dragon, spoken words appear on the screen almost instantly, making speech a faster, more natural approach to connect with your PC. Most people speak about 120 words per minute, but type fewer than 40 words a minute.
- Movement Liberty: Nuance will be offering selected Dragon NaturallySpeaking editions bundled with a Bluetooth headset to deliver a hands-free, untethered experience. The Bluetooth wireless headset gives users the freedom to move around near their computer while dictating. Selected editions also support a range of digital voice recorders enabling voice notes to be later converted to text with Dragon.
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.
Without specifying the date of its release, Nvidia has promised to launch Fortnite on iOS Safari soon.
Google will now also let extension developers disclose what data they collect from users and what purpose they have collected the data for.