Three of the six persons accused of brutally assaulting and then raping a 23-year-old medical student on a bus in Delhi were produced before a court today where two of them admitted to being a part of the crime and one admitted that he had committed a 'horrible crime'.
"I have done a horrible crime," one of the accused Pawan Gupta told the Delhi court in which he was produced by the police today.
According to CNN-IBN, Gupta reportedly said, "Mujhe phansi de do (Hang me to death)."
However, Gupta refused to undergo an identification parade for the girl or her male friend to verify that they were those involved in the crime. He and another accused, Vinay Sharma, have told the court that they were ashamed about their actions.
Sharma reportedly told the court, "We hit the boy but not the girl."
Three of the four men arrested so far have refused to participate in an identification parade.
The court remanded Gupta and Sharma to four days in police custody while another accused Mukesh was sent to Tihar jail where he will be lodged for 14 days in judicial custody.
Another report stated that of the two other accused who have still to be arrested, one of them has been detained.
Akshay Thakur has been detained from Aurangabad in Bihar and is being brought to Delhi, sources said.
The 23-year-old para-medical student was raped and brutally assaulted by four men, who also attacked her male friend and threw both of them out of the vehicle.
Published Date: Dec 19, 2012 14:42 PM | Updated Date: Dec 19, 2012 14:42 PM