Trending:

Russian drone strike injures 7 in Kyiv as air defences battle overnight assault: city officials

FP News Desk November 29, 2025, 07:36:04 IST

A Russian drone attack struck Kyiv on Saturday, injuring seven people as air defences engaged multiple incoming targets and officials urged residents to stay in shelters.

Advertisement
Ukrainian firefighters extinguish the fire in houses following an attack in the Chernihivka village of Pokrovsk district. File photo/ AFP)
Ukrainian firefighters extinguish the fire in houses following an attack in the Chernihivka village of Pokrovsk district. File photo/ AFP)

A Russian drone attack targeted Kyiv in the early hours of Saturday, injuring seven people, according to city authorities. The residents heard loud explosions around midnight as air defence units engaged incoming drones, reported AFP.

Tymur Tkachenko, head of the city’s military administration, said on Telegram that enemy drones were over the capital and several targets were detected on its outskirts.

Mayor Vitaly Klitschko urged residents to remain in shelters during the attack. He confirmed that seven people were injured, with four taken to hospital, and earlier noted that a 13-year-old child was among those wounded. Residential buildings in several districts were damaged, along with several cars.

STORY CONTINUES BELOW THIS AD

Earlier this week, Russian drones and missiles struck Kyiv during the night and set apartment buildings on fire. City officials said seven people were killed in those attacks.

Peace talks in focus

The latest strike comes as peace efforts continue. Ukrainian negotiators are set to travel to the United States this weekend for discussions on Washington’s proposal to end the war, a senior official told AFP. The source, who requested anonymity, said the meetings are expected at the end of the week and may take place in Florida.

The official added that Andriy Yermak, previously President Volodymyr Zelensky’s chief of staff, had been due to take part before his dismissal on Friday.

Russia launched its full-scale invasion in February 2022, triggering Europe’s worst armed conflict since the Second World War. The war has killed hundreds of thousands and forced millions from their homes.

Follow Firstpost on Google. Get insightful explainers, sharp opinions, and in-depth latest news on everything from geopolitics and diplomacy to World News. Stay informed with the latest perspectives only on Firstpost.
End of Article
Enjoying the news?

Get the latest stories delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe

QUICK LINKS

Home Video Quick Reads Shorts Live TV