Robert Harward rejects Donald Trump's offer to be national security advisor: Reports
A former navy admiral reportedly tapped by President Donald Trump to be his national security advisor has declined the post, US media said on Thursday.
Washington: A former navy admiral reportedly tapped by President Donald Trump to be his national security advisor has declined the post, US media said on Thursday.
Robert Harward's rejection of the position leaves the Trump administration without a replacement for Michael Flynn, who was forced to resign earlier this week amid a scandal over pre-inauguration phone conversations he allegedly had with Russian officials.
In a statement read on CNN, Harward said he had turned down the job because he "could not make that commitment."
"This job requires 24 hours a day, seven days a week focus and commitment to do it right. I currently could not make that commitment," the statement read.
The rejection capped a riotous day for the 70-year-old US president, who earlier Thursday lambasted his critics in the media and in politics in a wide-ranging one hour, 16-minute-long press conference.
The Vienna talks aimed at reviving the deal were suspended in June, when Iran elected ultraconservative Ebrahim Raisi as president
It is unclear if the Saudi royal family was aware of the fake furs or was deceived by a supplier. The Saudi Embassy in Washington declined to respond to the matter, as did a spokesperson for Trump
Few hours after announcement, hackers lay claim to Donald Trump’s new Twitter-like social app before its launch
In interviews Thursday, the hackers, who are affiliated with Anonymous, a loose hacking collective, said the effort was part of their “online war against hate.”