Not running for presidency in 2016: Hillary Clinton
'I have been on this high wire of national and international politics and leadership for 20 years. It has been an absolutely extraordinary personal honour and experience. But I really want to just have my own time back,' said Clinton.
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has denied speculations over contesting for presidency in 2016 and said that instead she would be
"cheering" for the country's first woman president.
"I'm going to be cheering them on. I hope to be around when we finally elect a woman president. That would be a great experience for me, to be up there cheering," Clinton told the Marie Claire magazine in an interview published yesterday.
Clinton, who had an unsuccessful bid for presidency in 2008 when she lost to Barack Obama in the Democratic party primaries, has repeatedly denied reports that she intends to seek the highest office of the country, which has eluded a woman so far, in 2016.
"You know? I am not," she replied when asked if she was planning to run in 2016 presidential elections. "I have been on this high wire of national and international politics and leadership for 20 years. It has been an absolutely extraordinary personal honour and experience. But I really want to just have my own time back. I want to just be my own person. I'm looking forward to that," Clinton added.
Having served at the Secretary of State in the first term of the Obama administration, Clinton had said that she would leave the post of top American diplomat in January when the new administration is sworn in.
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.
Sputnik V: Vladimir Putin tells officials to start 'large-scale' vaccinations against COVID-19 by next week
The Russian president's announcement came the same day Britain approved the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for a rollout starting next week
Poonawalla also said the SII is in the process of applying for an emergency usage licence, and that he has discussed an implementation plan with Prime Minister Modi during his visit to its Pune facility on Saturday
AG declines consent for contempt case against Prashant Bhushan, says he expressed regret for tweet on CJI
The consent of the topmost law officer was sought by advocate Sunil Singh to initiate contempt proceedings against Bhushan for his tweet, saying that the activist-lawyer connected 'the personal life of CJI' with a pending case before him